Integrated Amplifier for Q Acoustic 3050i

Darc74

Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum but also new to Hifi . I'm in the process of setting up my first system. I've been doing loads of research and I've already purchased the Rega Planar 2 turntable, Blue Sound Node 3rd Gen streamer and my next planned purchase is the Q Acoustic 3050i. My room side is 5m x 6m or 19.6ft by 16.4 ft. I've done a huge amount of research and for my budget which is around €600, the 3050i seems to be one of the best floor standing speakers in that price range. I like the idea of floor standing speakers but would they be ok in a room that size? I would also appreciate some suggestions what integrated amplifier would suit this set up. I don't want to over complicate things by going for a separate power amp preamp etc. My budget for the amp is €800ish. As i said I'm new to Hifi so any advice would be greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance (y)

PS. I also plan to add a cd player at a later stage.

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure where you are based, but presumably Europe as your budget is in Euros! Have you ever heard the QA speakers? If so, what amp was in use? If not, then you need to!

They are easy to recommend, and have a warm, room-filling sound ideal for your largish space. But you may prefer something more lively, especially if you have lots of carpets and wall coverings. In a sparsely furnished modern room, they are ideal.

The magazine are very enthusiastic about the Cambridge CXA61 and the new Arcam A5 but I don’t know what your local pricing or availability might be.

Darc74

Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi, thanks for you suggestions. I'll certainty look into both. I'm based in Ireland. I haven't heard them yet but have planned to do so this weekend. The room is timber floored with not too much furniture. I'm also looking Audiolab 6000a as a possibility.

njprrogers

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi, some good suggestions there. I have the Audiolab 6000A (the Play version which offers streaming as well) and it should drive the 3050i's no problem. It's a nicely built machine with a pleasing upbeat character. It also has a nice DAC implementation (although you may not need that with your Node).

I also have a Roksan Kandy K2 amp which I originally bought to partner with my Kef LS50's which are more power hungry. This has 125 watts compared to the 50 watts from the Audiolab. This is an older amp which I picked up second hand... I only mention it because there is one on DoneDeal at the moment second hand for 475 euro. In Ireland, the used market is kinda opportunistic as it is small! The Roksan is currently driving my Wharfedale Linton's and I think it sounds great.

You should demo the QA concept 30's as well while you are checking out the 3050i's... I have heard great things about them.

Darc74

Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi, some good suggestions there. I have the Audiolab 6000A (the Play version which offers streaming as well) and it should drive the 3050i's no problem. It's a nicely built machine with a pleasing upbeat character. It also has a nice DAC implementation (although you may not need that with your Node).

I also have a Roksan Kandy K2 amp which I originally bought to partner with my Kef LS50's which are more power hungry. This has 125 watts compared to the 50 watts from the Audiolab. This is an older amp which I picked up second hand... I only mention it because there is one on DoneDeal at the moment second hand for 475 euro. In Ireland, the used market is kinda opportunistic as it is small! The Roksan is currently driving my Wharfedale Linton's and I think it sounds great.

You should demo the QA concept 30's as well while you are checking out the 3050i's... I have heard great things about them.
Thanks a mill. Will check out the Roksan Kandy on done deal and the concept 30's. Much appreciated.

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I have the q acoustics 3050i and have had a few amps play through them to date.
Like others I've found they do like a bit of extra power despite being a 6ohm speaker so I tried a roskan k3 which sounded very good especially with classical but ended up with the acram sa30 which has effortless power despite being rated 20w less .
The exhaustive connectivity was the deal maker.
You can pick both up second hand if you upped the budget a fraction if that's something you would consider.
The arcam has a lovely warm sound very like the pioneer a400 I was modernising from.
I occasionally use a wharfdale SW 150 sub woofer another reason the acram comes up trumps with a dedicated input instead of relying on speaker level connections and the usual buzz when idle which is more prominent in speaker level connections if you are interested in ever adding one or uplinking your tv.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts