Best way to surrender

cjtyler

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
First notion of hi-fi was back in the day in 'can't recall name of shop' in St John's centre, Liverpool. There was this Revox lateral arm turntable sat on a stack of silver and playing Tomita's Star Wars. Used to ask the sales assistant to keep playing it back, just to hear the 'incredibly awesome moment as the track died out and a metal disc 'span' around the speakers - like the disc was proper there. Holographic music. At that time, at that age, so true. Real magic, then.

Went to Harrogate a bit, read every mag I could find - Hi-Fi Answers was favourite. Cut my teeth on a Sugden A48 II / Linn Sondek with TTL transmission line speakers. Went to Uni; sold Linn. 'Grew up/old'. Acquired Arcam CD62 / Roksan Kandy 11 / KEF Concertos in 2002 and moved around a lot. Now living in a 3 bed semi and haven't had kit out for nearly 5 years now. Getting old now and lamenting listening to music more than I do.

Just got a MacBook Air and Spotify Premium. No room for conventional set up but love the idea of real hi-fi? from the B&W A7. Honestly, though has anyone had real satisfaction from that combo?

Thanks for listening

A

Anonymous

smiley-smile.gif
Welcome bud. I would repost that in the main HiFI section.

A

Anonymous

smiley-smile.gif
Welcome bud. I would repost that in the main HiFI section.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts