martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
I have been getting more and more into HiFi. Started collecting vinyl when attending concerts (as memorabilia because I have way too many tee shirts). After a bit of accumulation, I decided to start playing them instead of just looking at them. I bought an AudioTechnica AT120LP.

Now I am totally hooked and looking to put together a ”big boy” set up. Influenced by my dad, he has a 60s vintage Dual TT. Was digging around and became fascinated with their return and specifically the Primus Maximus (just wanted to learn more about it). Well, as I went down the rabbit hole actually found one for sale from an estate sale. Bought it LOL. Now hoping it performs admirably.

Anyone hear one/see one in real life? I think I need a pre-AMP (hope others can answer questions about that) and then eventually will get a better amp than my A/V receiver. Will post photos of my setup if there is interest!

Last edited:
Not seen one and I doubt nobody else on the forum has either as it appears they only made 100 of them. It sounds like you will need a phono preamp ( as opposed to a pre amp) and this will also be dependant on what cartridge is fitted to that turntable.

Reactions: martois

martois

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Thank you! This is very helpful. Now looking at phono preamps that can support MM and MC as I believe this TT has the latter. This certainly is a slippery slope, especially for a man that tends to go 'all in' with hobbies!

The End

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
I have been getting more and more into HiFi. Started collecting vinyl when attending concerts (as memorabilia because I have way too many tee shirts). After a bit of accumulation, I decided to start playing them instead of just looking at them. I bought an AudioTechnica AT120LP.

Now I am totally hooked and looking to put together a ”big boy” set up. Influenced by my dad, he has a 60s vintage Dual TT. Was digging around and became fascinated with their return and specifically the Primus Maximus (just wanted to learn more about it). Well, as I went down the rabbit hole actually found one for sale from an estate sale. Bought it LOL. Now hoping it performs admirably.

Anyone hear one/see one in real life? I think I need a pre-AMP (hope others can answer questions about that) and then eventually will get a better amp than my A/V receiver. Will post photos of my setup if there is interest!
1703528154339.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts