Best floor standing speakers for around £600 mezzo 6 or mission 796se.. any other ideas??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys

it would be great if someone would be able to give me a hand in finding some, or recommending some speakers that could punch out a fair bit of good noise for around £600 or less preferably.

i'm looking for a good bass response and volume for, house partys etc. 200 watts ish.

but something that would by no means be a let down on clarity, and on the treble. for easy listening.

I was thinking originally some mourdaunt short mezzo 8's ex display for 599, but they have now been sold so i have kinda been left in a rut.

now considering the younger bro's mezzo 6's or the mission 796se's which are on deal at £700.. which look pretty formidable and a good deal????.

i have looked at the mourdaunt short aviano 8's but i don't really like the plasticy finnish.

i have a Cambridge audio azur 640a amp, and will be upgrading soon. so it would be good if they were fairly sensitive and be able to work with lower wattages as this will have to do before i upgrade again.

would be brilliant if anyone could help me out as i am sure there are many more out there that would fit the bill. also if you know of any offers on more expensive speakers that would be great.

many thanks Clover

clover.hdc:

Hi Guys

it would be great if someone would be able to give me a hand in finding some, or recommending some speakers that could punch out a fair bit of good noise for around £600 or less preferably.

i'm looking for a good bass response and volume for, house partys etc. 200 watts ish.

but something that would by no means be a let down on clarity, and on the treble. for easy listening.

I was thinking originally some mourdaunt short mezzo 8's ex display for 599, but they have now been sold so i have kinda been left in a rut.

now considering the younger bro's mezzo 6's or the mission 796se's which are on deal at £700.. which look pretty formidable and a good deal????.

i have looked at the mourdaunt short aviano 8's but i don't really like the plasticy finnish.

i have a Cambridge audio azur 640a amp, and will be upgrading soon. so it would be good if they were fairly sensitive and be able to work with lower wattages as this will have to do before i upgrade again.

would be brilliant if anyone could help me out as i am sure there are many more out there that would fit the bill. also if you know of any offers on more expensive speakers that would be great.

many thanks Clover
emotion-21.gif

Welcome...

How soon are you realistically going to upgrade the amplifier? And what make(s) have you short-listed?

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your time.

well i am going to buy the speakers first ones which i feel will be powerful enough for my needs and then upgrade my amp to match it and use my speaker choice to tailor the amplifier.

but now you mention it i have been considering the nad c 355bee stereo integrated amp with:
  • 2 x 80W Continuous Power into 8 ohms
  • 140W, 220W, 270W IHF Dynamic power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms, respective
but as i said this will be decided after i have purchased my speakers. at the moment i have been considering the mezzo 8"s by mourdaunt short and the mission 796se's but there must be other speakers out there with the same power and clarity for the money? i have no really brand preference. i'm really talking under a 1000 pounds as i can then shop around for a reduced deal.many thanks. clover

A

Anonymous

looking for a brand that can be detailed at low volumes but really show off when the vulume is cranked. bass especially.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
You may wanna have a look at the All New 'Q' series from KEF......

Excellent first review of the Q300's (bookself speakers at £450 recently.)......

KEF Q500 floorstanders at £700, unless you can find some discounted one's......

clover.hdc:
Thank you for your time.

well i am going to buy the speakers first ones which i feel will be powerful enough for my needs and then upgrade my amp to match it and use my speaker choice to tailor the amplifier.

but now you mention it i have been considering the nad c 355bee stereo integrated amp with:

• 2 x 80W Continuous Power into 8 ohms
  • 140W, 220W, 270W IHF Dynamic power into 8, 4 and 2 ohms, respective
but as i said this will be decided after i have purchased my speakers. at the moment i have been considering the mezzo 8"s by mourdaunt short and the mission 796se's but there must be other speakers out there with the same power and clarity for the money? i have no really brand preference. i'm really talking under a 1000 pounds as i can then shop around for a reduced deal.many thanks. clover

Hi clover.hdc

I'll recommend you should also consider Monitor Audio's RX6 or RX8 speakers. They both work well with NAD amplification and should also give you the presentation you require.

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
For what you're after I'd say you almost hit the nail on the head with the Mission 796se's but ,if you want something slightly more within budget, have you considered the Mission 794 speakers? These offer the same clarity and detail in the upper frequency range with a very smooth midrange and strong bass - but a little more laid back than the 796se's so ideal for easy listening.

Ideally try and get into a dealer where you can hear these side by side with some others. And Merry Christmas!

A

Anonymous

Guys thank you all very much for your ideas! you really have given some good suggestions and given a hospitable welcome to a new forum member.

Audio affair: thank you, glad you thought the mission 796se's were a good idea, my only new thought now is that they look a bit raw and plasticy. I have now actually got a budget of around 800 max, these will be a 21'st present, and i am asking for them on their promise that they will last me a long time and look respectable and like a proper furnishing. my only worry is that the 796se's fit this bill... my only concern. do you know if the silver driver surround is metal or plastic?

many thanks. clover

A

Anonymous

Rick had it

Monitor Audio RX8

Fit and finish. beautiful......powerful and detailed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts