Question Monitor Audio Silver 6 or Mission Audio Silver 300 to go with Mission Audio Silver C350 centre

marts

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I am upgrading my home cinema speakers.
I have a Denon X4700 amp. My room is about 4m x 5m.
I have upgraded my old centre speaker to a Mission Audio Silver C350.
Next are my old floorstanding front speakers - the logical choice seems to be pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers but I've seen a pair of new older Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers at near half the price of the 300's. The specs of the silver 6's look to closely match the c350 speaker? The silver 6's are 2.5 way, the silver 300 is 3 way - will 2.5/3 way make a major difference for my room size?
Silver 6's or silver 300's - which would you go for?

Tinman1952

I am upgrading my home cinema speakers.
I have a Denon X4700 amp. My room is about 4m x 5m.
I have upgraded my old centre speaker to a Mission Audio Silver C350.
Next are my old floorstanding front speakers - the logical choice seems to be pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers but I've seen a pair of new older Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers at near half the price of the 300's. The specs of the silver 6's look to closely match the c350 speaker? The silver 6's are 2.5 way, the silver 300 is 3 way - will 2.5/3 way make a major difference for my room size?
Silver 6's or silver 300's - which would you go for?
I’ve had a full set of Monitor Audio Silver S6 for many years. They will be perfect for your room size. Don’t worry about 2.5 way vs 3 way for home cinema. The money you save would buy a small sub like the Rel T-Zero and then with the crossover set to 80 Hz you will be good to go! Fantastic sound 🙂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts