ollietigs

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
Firstly, thank you for your help in advance!

I am trying to find the best budget amp, under £100, to power my Mission M30 bookshelf speakers. Inputs will be a Pro-Ject Elemental turntable and a line input from a Hifiberry Dac2 Pro.

I have been looking at Cambridge Audio Integrated Amplifiers, like the Cambridge Audio A1 Mk3 SE and the Azurs, but I'm not sure which to go for!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gray

Looks like one for the 'great bargains' thread.

Tone bypass would be nice - but you can't be too fussy for £68.
A mark of quality is 'no flying sparks' :LOL: unlike the previous model, they themselves describe as unsafe.

Last edited:
Reactions: gasolin

gasolin

Reactions: Gray

gasolin

I didn't buy the amp from nobsound because it's more expensive than the fosi amp and it has a switch between aux and bt, the fosi amp you aut connect to bt, no switch and at the time black was out of stock, i didn't wanted a red amp.

Reactions: Gray
If you want a ‘proper’ stereo amp, as your question implies, then a local purchase from eBay or possibly Facebook marketplace might give best value.
Something not too old and without a box is usually collection only, limiting the audience and hence the price.

Reactions: Al ears

ollietigs

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
Thank you all for your comments. I am happy buying used from eBay, this was where I really needed your guidance. There are so many integrated amps on eBay under £100, it is a little overwhelming.

I have been looking at:
  • Cambridge Audio A1 MK3 SE
  • Cambridge Audio A5
  • Cambridge Audio Azur 340a SE
I need 2 inputs, one for the record player and one for the RCA line in (AUX). It needs to have a phono pre-amp for the record player...I think? All of the above are integrated so they should come with the phono pre-amp?

Which would you choose?

Thank you all for your comments. I am happy buying used from eBay, this was where I really needed your guidance. There are so many integrated amps on eBay under £100, it is a little overwhelming.

I have been looking at:
  • Cambridge Audio A5
I need 2 inputs, one for the record player and one for the RCA line in (AUX). It needs to have a phono pre-amp for the record player...I think? All of the above are integrated so they should come with the phono pre-amp?

Which would you choose?
Does it have a phono preamp built in???

I have been looking at:
  • Cambridge Audio A5

Which would you choose?
Yes you will need an inbuilt phono preamp for your turntable. These amps do not have one. As I know the A1 does not and nor does the A5, so scratch those two.. and as far as I am aware, upon further research, the Azur 340a doesn't have one either, this is one reason that Cambridge make them so cheaply. Suggest you do your homework again..., just because they are integrated doesn't mean that they come with a phono stage unfortunately.

ollietigs

Nov 8, 2021
Visit site
Yes you will need an inbuilt phono preamp for your turntable. Double check these amps have one as I know the A1 does not and nor does the A5, so scratch those two.. Suggest you buy the most recent one...
I'm trying to keep to a max budget of around £100. Would it be a good idea to get an amp like this, then a phono pre-amp separately?

Could you suggest a more recent one with a pre-amp that I might be able to pick up for around £100?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts