BBC One HD launches 3 November!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

mattytun1514:Can i get "freeview HD" im in the scottish borders hawick my tv is "Sony Bravia KDL20B4050 LCD HD Ready Digital Television" & the one in living room is "Sony Bravia KDL32W4000 LCD HD Ready 1080p Digital Television"

No mate, they're both older models and don't have the DVB-T2 MPEG-4 tuners required for Freeview HD

A

Anonymous

Just got off the phone to Sky technical support and believe it or not they knew absolutely nothing about the launch of BBC1 HD (hilarious !!) so it appears that it's a freesat channel that Sky won't be part of for now anyway...another disappointement from Sky, what the hell are we paying for if we can't get an obviouse channel like BBC1 HD ??!! Madness

Maybe I can tune it in manually...can anybody help me with the frequency info etc please...

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok thanks my "dvd recorder" is "Panasonic DMR-EX83" & have a HDMI going from tv to dvd so is that just like HD i think they call it upscalingor something.

daveh75

ricardo65:
Just got off the phone to Sky technical support and believe it or not they knew absolutely nothing about the launch of BBC1 HD (hilarious !!) so it appears that it's a freesat channel that Sky won't be part of for now anyway...another disappointement from Sky, what the hell are we paying for if we can't get an obviouse channel like BBC1 HD ??!! Madness

Maybe I can tune it in manually...can anybody help me with the frequency info etc please...

Mate, that's just an ill informed CS agent talking cobblers....Sky are aware of it and it is available on the Sky EPG hence it being widely advertised as being on Sky channel 143 ( not sure whether it's available on the NI EPG though) but, yes you can manually add it and watch it via 'Other Channels' . It's on the following frequency,

Frequency: 10.847 GHz

Polarity: Vertical

Symbol Rate: 22000 (22.0)
FEC: 5/6

A

Anonymous

daveh75:ricardo65:

Mate, that's just an ill informed CS agent talking cobblers....Sky are aware of it and it is available on the Sky EPG hence it being widely advertised as being on Sky channel 143 ( not sure whether it's available on the NI EPG though) but, yes you can manually add it and watch it via 'Other Channels' . It's on the following frequency,

Thanks Dave once again, got it set up but I find it astonishing that someone in the Technical Department at Sky, who put me on hold, could find out nothing about the BBC1 HD launch at all and even had to nerve to question the credability of this forum !!!

What a cheek....
emotion-4.gif

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using SONY LCD TV with HD freeview tuner in it. At 7.00pm tonight I could watch BBC1 HD and the TV did all the tunning for me. I didn't have to do any tunning at all.

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i checked my vt20 yesterday and it had already tuned in (freesat) 108 to be BBC1 HD and moved BBCHD to 109.. (think thats the numbers).. so sign of BBC1 HD on sky hd epg in south of ireland though.. has BBCHD in same position its always been in.. bit of a bummer.. as some of the bbchd programs like the Apprentice have moved to BBC1HD now at 9.. and 1045 on BBCHD.. anyway we just ended up watching it on freesat... excellent picture quality.. if only channel 4/5hd would launch on freesat with 4music and a few more kids channels.. then it really would be a decent replacement for sky..

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
ricardo65:daveh75:ricardo65:

Thanks Dave once again, got it set up

Got what set up? You shouldn't need to do anything, it's on the Sky EPG as of last night, channel 143 with BBCHD moved to 169.

daveh75

the_lhc:Got what set up? You shouldn't need to do anything, it's on the Sky EPG as of last night, channel 143 with BBCHD moved to 169.It's not currently available on Skys Irish EPG.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
a real shame. I do miss The Late Late Show... however I think it's the same EPG that's used in Norn Iron?

Is BBC1 HD being broadcast in 5.1? I only caught 5 minutes of it between nappy changes, and Film 2010 was in stereo.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
is there any way to re-number channels on Freesat?

It's a bit of a pain to have to jump to 109 and 119 (or is it 108 and 118, or another combination of those!) to get BBC1 / ITV in HD?

As a lad it was BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, RT 1, Network 2 and 45 channels of snow. Simpler times.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Ah, sorry, thought he was in Scotland with a name like that...ricardo sounds scottish
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:maxflinn:the_lhc:Ah, sorry, thought he was in Scotland with a name like that...ricardo sounds scottish
emotion-8.gif

Yes of course, hence all the ice-cream.a quick bit of googlage and then it hits me, ive been sold a dummy
emotion-11.gif

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:the_lhc:maxflinn:the_lhc:Ah, sorry, thought he was in Scotland with a name like that...ricardo sounds scottish
emotion-8.gif

Yes of course, hence all the ice-cream.a quick bit of googlage and then it hits me, ive been sold a dummy
emotion-11.gif

Err, I don't know why you think that, I'm being entirely serious. Well, ok, I'm not being serious but I AM being accurate.

You're a Big Brother watcher aren't you? What was the name of the dark haired guy from Scotland who was in it a couple of years back?

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:maxflinn:the_lhc:maxflinn:the_lhc:Ah, sorry, thought he was in Scotland with a name like that...ricardo sounds scottish
emotion-8.gif

emotion-11.gif

Err, I don't know why you think that, I'm being entirely serious. Well, ok, I'm not being serious but I AM being accurate.

You're a Big Brother watcher aren't you? What was the name of the dark haired guy from Scotland who was in it a couple of years back?

the fat guy?

A

Anonymous

hmmm, im too tired too carry out the necessary deciphering, but i know it will bug me later, so please fill me in before the night is out, i may not be able to sleep, and ive got work tmw.. anyway, i thought crypticity was being frowned apon of late on this forum? i know this because i own a focus tdi estate
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
maxflinn:i thought crypticity was being frowned apon of late on this forum? i know this because i own a focus tdi estate
emotion-5.gif

Even less sense than usual. Has anyone seen my giraffe?

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:

maxflinn:i thought crypticity was being frowned apon of late on this forum? i know this because i own a focus tdi estate
emotion-5.gif

He run off with my pink penguin........

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:
emotion-5.gif

no, you just didnt get it, but thats ok, i know you're clever, some of the time
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts