Now TV - Entertainment package

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I've searched Google, Youtube and the Now TV forums, but can't find an answer to this (I guess as the Entertainment package has just been added, that figures)

I am thinking of ditching Sky as we hardly use any of the channels (even on the basic 'Entertainment' package at £21.50 a month) and seeing as Now TV now has this new Entertainment package with the channels we watch shows on (specifically Fox and Living) I can't get my head around if it works how I'm thinking.. all for £4.99 a month.

Say we aren't there to watch an episode of Walking Dead 'live' streamed on a Friday night (or whatever) - when is the catch up version available to view via the Now TV interface? Do we have to wait until the end of the season/half season or is it within 24 hours (like BBC iPlayer)?

This could save me about £15 a month by just loading the app onto my PS3 or buying the Now TV box if it works!

I realise there are no 'live' free-to-air channels - I'd just connect my TV up to the satellite dish (it's a Loewe with DVB-S tuners) and I'm not interested in an EPG. Worst case I could connect the aerial and just watch Freeview.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Similarly, I've been weaning myself off from Sky. With Netflix replacing Sky Movies (supplemented by Lovefilm by post), ditching Sky Sports, which left me with the Entertainment pack with HD at just under £40 per month.
Have now gone Freesat, but still have the £40 pm just for (Sky Atlantic) Boardwalk Empire & Game of Thrones :doh:
Like the OP, I've tried to see if these shows are available on-demand through the Now TV Entertainment option, but thought for a tenner I might just as well order the Now TV box and just try it.
It will mean SD, and at the mercy of useless broadband, but ho-hum.
Will post results when I get the box.....

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had a reply on the Now TV forums (by someone who has got the Entertainment pack) and they've reported that something like The Walking Dead has had episodes made available almost straight away, bar some technical issue which has delayed the latest one.

This really might seem a good alternative to Sky for a few months over Christmas, and maybe see if they get in touch in the New Year to dangle a carrot to rejoin, or if the price stays low after March 2014, I'll hang in with Now TV.

I'll be honest and say the only things I watch in HD are the BBC/Channel 4 as my Sky package only allows these in HD anyway, so I'm not missing out on much. And as yamyam says, there's plenty on Netflix to keep me busy for many more months!

I'm loading the app up this weekend, and I'll report my findings too!

Yamyam

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I got my Now TV box today - and yayy, seems to work for me :dance: , on demand seems to be pretty good...full report when I've tested a bit more...I wonder what the after-promotion price for the Entertainment package will be.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, dont they need to advertise that the cost will go up?

720p is not the best makes you wonder why 1080p wasnt available from the off.

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How have you found the on demand/catch up side of things Yamyam? I still haven't heard how fast the episodes are available once the live show has aired (as the yanks say!)

wellsa1970

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
I am so glad that I found your thread as I too have sought information regards the NOW Tv offer and it is not very forthcoming!! Having grown maddened by Sky and the way they drop series on a whim and of course the cost issue I am on the verge of cancelling altogether and going for a Humax freesat box, Now TV and as we already have an Apple TV have the opinion that a season pass via iTunes will top up those shows I cannot get otherwise! This will save so much money and be flexible for us as we also have a multi region player and get the DVD's imported for shows we cannot see here (anymore!!!).

I spoke to a Sky rep who said 'we are not allowed to comment on the content of Now TV, powered by Sky' - doh!!

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had NOW TV for about 5 months now as i thing the movie selection for £8.99 is very good and the overall quality has been good.

Though at first i used my Humax box to stream to and got another NOW TV box for the bedroom and added the app to the kids Xbox and its great.

The only down side is that not all methords support the entertainment package, so at current have to use another NOW TV box for the main TV.

Normally the emails from NOW TV keep you upto date with info on a few things though not everything, its a little find things out for yourself

Roll on Game Of Thrones for £4.99 per month

TRENDING THREADS