Echostar HDS-600rs HD Channels Problem

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've had the above Freesat PVR for around 2 years and 4 months, and I've always had little niggles with it, but recently it won't show the ITV and BBC HD channels, it just displays a message saying 'no or weak signal'. I know the signal is perfectly fine, and I can watch Channel 4 HD amongst others, but no BBC or ITV ones.

I did a factory reset yesterday, and afterwards I was able to watch all the HD channels, but after turning it on today, I'm getting the same 'no or weak signal' message.

I've done a bit of googling, and it seems that there is a known problem, but Echostar are not willing to help, so what can I do?

I still have the receipt, so I was thinking about returning it to Maplins and saying that it is no longer fit for purpose, as it is a HD box that doesn't work with the most popular HD channels.

Have I got a leg to stand on?

scene

It's a tough one. It's not that new and it used to work. I assume it's outside guarantee? I've got the same box and I can't remember if it had a one or two year guarantee. I suspect they could claim that it had stopped working due to wear and tear...
My one hangs occasionally and I find unplugging it from the mains success it.
Have you ever patched the firmware?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

scene said:
It's a tough one. It's not that new and it used to work. I assume it's outside guarantee?

The warranty is for one year only, so well out unfortunately.

scene said:
I suspect they could claim that it had stopped working due to wear and tear...

It hasn't stopped working though, it works fine, it just loses the HD channels.

scene said:
My one hangs occasionally and I find unplugging it from the mains success it. Have you ever patched the firmware?

Firmware is up to date (if that's what you mean). I did another reset tonight, and then switched it to standby for a few minutes, then turned it back on, and it still has the HD channels, but I'm sure they'll be gone by the morning.

Does your's still get the BBC / ITV HD channels without a problem?

scene

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
scene said:
It's a tough one. It's not that new and it used to work. I assume it's outside guarantee?

The warranty is for one year only, so well out unfortunately.

scene said:
I suspect they could claim that it had stopped working due to wear and tear...

It hasn't stopped working though, it works fine, it just loses the HD channels.

scene said:
My one hangs occasionally and I find unplugging it from the mains success it. Have you ever patched the firmware?

Firmware is up to date (if that's what you mean). I did another reset tonight, and then switched it to standby for a few minutes, then turned it back on, and it still has the HD channels, but I'm sure they'll be gone by the morning.

Does your's still get the BBC / ITV HD channels without a problem?
Hang on while I check

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Signal is over 90%, Sky box goes to the same dish, no problems at all. The link below shows it's not just me. *smile*

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1910223

scene

I don't believe it!

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Signal is over 90%, Sky box goes to the same dish, no problems at all. The link below shows it's not just me. *smile*

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1910223

Monday night - all the HD channels on my Echostar stopped working with the "Weak signal" message... *blush* Hoping it was just the atrocious weather at the time.

BBB - I never disbelieved you, I'd looked up the issue you'd had, I've had other problems with my box, mainly where it just locked up and stopped working and had to cold boot it - often twice.

It's a shame they've stopped development, because I thought the combined Freesat + Slingbox functionality was great.

TRENDING THREADS