Bass traps needed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Sounds about right. You may wish to experiment with some RS60 in unseen areas just to see if it makes a difference but glad its been successful.

Cheers

Mmmm - an acoustic headboard? I could set up business selling those I recon'

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
The traps will be fine free standing, they would only make a controlable differeence securing them (acoustically) if you was making a sealed air tight unit.

I would definatley recommend using some rockwool if you still are having bass issues

paradiziac

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I got 2 GIK 244 bass traps for my room corners, but due to domestic arrangements have put them behind the speakers for now.

A small improvement, slightly clearer sound all round. The speakers are on the long wall, so no issues with reflections off side walls.

I wasn't having bass issues previously, I just used room treatments to improve the sound.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The GIK 244's were a consideration and looked to be the most effective, more so than foam but unfortunately a little too large for my bedroom.

Acoustic headboard's worth considering as the bed's in one of the corners :grin:

TRENDING THREADS