B&W MT-30 with Yamaha amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Apologies if this is a naive question, but would it be ok to use the Yamaha RX-V467 with the B&W MT-30 speaker system ? I would use a Sony BDP-370 for bluray AND for music CDs.

For a similar budget, is there a better amp ? I would only really be using 5.1 channels and for a 70/30 mix of home theater and music.

A friend of mine is using the B&W MT-30 with the RX-V567 and it sounded great (or at least it did to my inexperienced ears..!). I assume the difference between the 467 and 567 is that the latter has 7.1 channels which I won't need. However, I noticed that when he switched from bluray to music CD, the sound was immediately very bright and lacking bass, until he adjusted the crossover manually using the remote. Is this always necessary or would a better amp / set-up resolve this issue automatically ?

Thanks in advance for any advice from anyone.

Jay

A

Anonymous

To be honest I would suggest going further up the Yamaha range if budget allows, the 767 is the minimum I would advise to even start bringing the best out of the MT-30 package.

With regards to the altering of settings, it will be what ever sounds best to you, but I have never had to change cross overs going from movies to music and would suggest with better AVR would make this an non issue.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
or buy minimum a 667 wich has already pre outs and add a stereo amp to the front speakers.cheaper tnah buying a 1500 pound av amp

TRENDING THREADS