Question Avid Ingenium P&P

roba666

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Avid Ingenium Plug & Play

Has anybody got one? Have you upgraded the cartridge yet as the Rega Carbon would clearly be the first thing to go?
Got mine this week and I'm impressed but already thinking ahead!
Thanks
Rob

Avid Ingenium Plug & Play

Has anybody got one? Have you upgraded the cartridge yet as the Rega Carbon would clearly be the first thing to go?
Got mine this week and I'm impressed but already thinking ahead!
Thanks
Rob
Not got one but as with many plug and play systems they've added a basic cartridge, enough to get you going on th assumption you're going to upgrade later anyway. A cost saving procedure as many of these decks have tonearms that will take a much more expensive cartridge but fitting one from the outset would mean they don't shift so many units.
Personally I'd by the deck without a cartridge but many younger types might not be able to handle this. :cool:

Nice deck by the way.

roba666

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Not got one but as with many plug and play systems they've added a basic cartridge, enough to get you going on th assumption you're going to upgrade later anyway. A cost saving procedure as many of these decks have tonearms that will take a much more expensive cartridge but fitting one from the outset would mean they don't shift so many units.
Personally I'd by the deck without a cartridge but many younger types might not be able to handle this. :cool:

Nice deck by the way.

Agreed, I brought it for platform knowing I could upgrade later. It looks damn good too and is compact.
If it came with a £200 cart then I'd baulk as I was already above budget.

roba666

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
Apologies, just found this:-

Carbon looks like an Audio Technica AT91 so perhaps some of their stylii fit.

Thanks for the replies.
I came across LP Gear in the States, their replacement stylus get good reviews so I've ordered one of the below and it shipped yesterday. Lets see.

LPGATN3600DLXVLLP Gear ATN3600DLXVL stylus

Reactions: Al ears

daytona600

Can you mention any that are a straight swap on a Rega Carbon?
Carbon looks like an Audio Technica AT91 so perhaps some of their stylii fit.
carbon cartridge is a $12 chinese built unit , replace the stylus & they sound great
link to one with a shibata line contact

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts