Thoughts on best move forward for turntable upgrade

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi guy's, I'm going to put some money towards the turntable part of my system, The Avid ingenium was bought new in April, I immediately changed the cart and upgraded the platter, Now I'm not sure whether to upgrade the tonearm or the mofi studio phono (stage) next...both will be changed out at some point, just wondering which will give the most prominent bang for buck out the two in the meantime. I'm not interested in a cart upgrade at this point in time ( it's the first thing I changed) so please don't go down that route for the moment.
Looking at around a £1000 phono stage or tonearm with a rega arm board.
Oh and before you guys ask..."What's wrong with the sound at the moment " lol....absolutely nothing....I just know more can be had from this turntable.

Hi guy's, I'm going to put some money towards the turntable part of my system, The Avid ingenium was bought new in April, I immediately changed the cart and upgraded the platter, Now I'm not sure whether to upgrade the tonearm or the mofi studio phono (stage) next...both will be changed out at some point, just wondering which will give the most prominent bang for buck out the two in the meantime. I'm not interested in a cart upgrade at this point in time ( it's the first thing I changed) so please don't go down that route for the moment.
Looking at around a £1000 phono stage or tonearm with a rega arm board.
Oh and before you guys ask..."What's wrong with the sound at the moment " lol....absolutely nothing....I just know more can be had from this turntable.
Cartridge upgrade?
Tonearms around that price are not easy to come by and may not be much better than what you currently have.
Which is what, by the way?
is it the standard tonearm?
For tonearm upgrade you might look at Origin Live Zephyr or spend more on the Encounter, you may find some second-hand.

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
..oh and I really don't want to do the cartridge until I've worn the life out it....it was new in April along with the ingenium, I didn't even listen to the standard cart that came with it, I asked the lads in hifi corner in Edinburgh if they could just install the goldring g1042 when the turntable arrived from Avid., Hence I'm stuck between either tonearm or phono stage.

Reactions: Al ears
..oh and I really don't want to do the cartridge until I've worn the life out it....it was new in April along with the ingenium, I didn't even listen to the standard cart that came with it, I asked the lads in hifi corner in Edinburgh if they could just install the goldring g1042 when the turntable arrived from Avid., Hence I'm stuck between either tonearm or phono stage.
tonearm then.. :)
..... Or the Tom Evans Microgroove Plus X

TRENDING THREADS