AUDYSSEY MULTIEQ problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just tried automatic speaker setup using the AUDYSSEY MULTIEQ mic on my ONKYO TX-SR806 and keep getting "SPEAKER DETECT ERROR" i have fronts connected,center,sub, and rears, no surround left or right connected as i dont have any,so mine is a 5.1 setup!

is there a fault with the mic or the amp? or am i doing something wrong? or does it have to be 7.1 for it to work correctly?
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

no probs, you have to plug your rears into surround left and right rather than to rears (those two rear channels make your system 7.1) the way you need to connect makes yours 5.1!

give it a go it should run a ok!

cheers Pete.

A

Anonymous

thanks alot did exactly that and it worked a treat many thanks
emotion-21.gif
i guess im still a amateur

A

Anonymous

nads:
connect the surround speakers to the surround terminals, a 5.1 set up does NOT have rear speakers.

ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

Nit picking a bit aren't you? Plenty of people use the termsÿinterchangeably.

A

Anonymous

glad it worked for you, there's nothing like having new kit and it not setting up ok!

any other questions please ask?!

enjoy the 806 it is an awesome piece of kit!!

Pete

ps, i put a clearer audio copper alpha mains cable on mine and it makes it sing! they are great cables to use.

A

Anonymous

it is a awesome amp your right,very happy with it especialy now! how much are those mains cables? do they really make that much of a difference?

A

Anonymous

you wait days later you still won't want to turn it off! i'm finding new detail with my dvd's all the time!!

here's the link to clearer audio,

http://www.cleareraudio.com/onlinestore/Copper_line_Alpha_Power.html

i personally think,see and hear the difference with these!

i use them between the wall and my QED block, then with plasma,sky hd and PS3.

i also have paid extra for the super supressor and wattgate connections, speak to Darren at clearer audio if you decide to go for one of these he's a great help!

Pete.

nads

beaverme:nads:
connect the surround speakers to the surround terminals, a 5.1 set up does NOT have rear speakers.

Nit picking a bit aren't you? Plenty of people use the terms interchangeably.

and then people have problems when they dont read the manual
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I'm not knocking the Clearer Audio product, but if you have a look on eBay for TM3 Connections you can pick up a similarly constructed cable with silver plated plugs for about the same money.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
beaverme:Plenty of people use the terms interchangeably.

...And thus run into problems such as that experienced by the original poster. Surround speakers are the 'rear' speakers in a 5.1-channel system; surround back speakers are the extras making up a 6.1- or 7.1-channel system.

A

Anonymous

got a TM3 fig 8 cable for my sub, and have found it to be well built and sound great!

don't silver plated products take like decade to burn in?

Clearer use a pre-burn prior to dispatch so the cables ready to go!

they offer a 60 day money back deal as well so what you got to loose?

A

Anonymous

will look into it at some point,thanks again! o by the way did u have any problems with your ps3 and onkyo amp,when playing a game etc sometimes get blue patch's/flecks?

Toshiba 37" 1080p lcd

PS3

ONKYO TX-SR806

KEF iQ5se(fronts),iQ2c(center),MISSION M3DSi(bipolar rears),PARADIGM PDR-10(sub)

CAMBRIDGE AUDIO DVD89

A

Anonymous

no luckily i did not, but if you search this forum with 806 in the header it will bring up many threads on the blue patches, i think yours may be older stock which had a few problems with blue patches etc... Onkyo offer a replace/repair service foc for this!!

speak to your dealer as well!

**** luck

Pete.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested the 806, but IIRC the 'blue flecks' are a known problem which I thought had been resolved.

I'd suggest a call to the retailer that supplied the receiver, or to Onkyo, may be in order...

A

Anonymous

i did find advice on another forum which told me a way of getting rid it the blue marks!! it worked for mine anyhow but if issue comes up again i will be in contact with the supplier (richer sounds) as i took out extra cover on it!

A

Anonymous

great, post em up some time others might find it usefull?!

enjoy your 806,

Pete.

A

Anonymous

one thing ive noticed with richer sounds though is when i went to them about buying the KEF iQ5se's they had them for £399 and extra 5yr cover was extra and different wood finishes cost less or more!! yet i shopped around and found WEYMOUTH HIFI did the same spaekers for (at the time) £299 and came with their 1yr waranty plus KEF's 5yr waranty,so went there instead and very pleased with speakers and the service at weymouth hifi!! also the onkyo tx-sr806 costs more in black then in silver from richer sounds,which seems cheeky really! but guess thats buisness

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think the Onkyo black/silver price differential is purely a matter of supply and demand.

More people want to buy the black than the silver, so the price is higher - or more to the point, less people want the silver than the black, so the retailer needs to do something to shift the silver ones.

A

Anonymous

thats RS business!

gotta love em though,some great deals to be had, my sub started out at £200 by the time i'd finished i'd got it fo £120.

A

Anonymous

why is it Onk's look better in black but arcam,dennon and yamaha's look better in silver?

my personal choice of course! before it starts!!!

A

Anonymous

found the thread fix which worked on my onkyo 806;
Make sure you are on the right input when you start i.e. the one you use to play/watch the screen on the PS3.

Also make sure you haven't got anything enabled like x.v.Color if your TV doesn't accept it.

Must do both parts:

Part One:

1. Press "Receiver" then "Setup" on the Onkyo Remote.

2. Using the arrows on the Onkyo Remote select "Hardware Setup" and press "Enter".

3. Using the arrows go to option "5. HDMI" and press "Enter".

4. Using the arrows set the "Output Resolution" to "Through".

5. Press Return on the "Remote" a few times to go all the way back to the Main/First Menu.

Part Two (Probably the most important):

1. Press "Receiver" then "Setup" on the Onkyo Remote.

2. Using the arrows on the Onkyo Remote select "Source Setup" and press "Enter".

3. Using the arrows go to option "4. Picture Adjust" and press "Enter".

4. Using the arrows go to "Noise Reduction" and set it to "OFF".

5. Also make sure everything else is set to 0. and "Picture Mode 1" in this area.

6. Press "Enter" to exit the setup.

7. See if it has all worked!!!!!

A

Anonymous

i got the ONKYO TX-SR806 in silver and i think it looks just as good as black! all depends i suppose on the decor of your room etc

personal taste

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts