Audiovector

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have any of the Audiovector speaker range been through the listening rooms at WHF HQ, or any of the golden ears there ever heard any ?

Have looked through the online review database, but nothing there, so I'm presuming the new-ish S range haven't been heard...I know their distribution is still quite small, with only one official dealer in the UK I believe...

Just wondering what the overall sound is like ? I know their basic attributes, being quite fast and dynamic and apparently a good 'musical' match for the Naim gear I will be using, but, having not heard them, I'm just wondering if they might have a touch more 'warmth' to them, which I might like, in comparison to Naim's SL2 or n-System I've demoed/considering....?

The S3's look damn good in white too, another small plus..!

Appreciate and opinions or impressions of the range...

Cheers, Steve. 

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Alright mate,

I have a pair of Mi1 Signature standmounts. I bought these after selling my Dynaudio 52's without auditioning another speaker first. After Auditioning six speakers, including Dynuadio contour 1.4s (My amp wasn't man enough) ands B&W 805S (too laid back and boring) I found these and love them!

They have been reviewed by What Hifi and were given four stars. They basically had doubts about the bass weight, which I can confirm is a bit on the light side but it is really fast sounding.

Two of their floorstanders have been reviewed by Hifi Choice. Both given Best Buys as they are exceptionally neutral and very smooth across the audio band.

They are very similar to Dynaudio speaker. Where I would cay Dynaudio are the better all rounders, Audiovectors are more up and go, better with rock music than with classical. That's not to say they are bad at classical, as they are on a very good standard to begin with.

They also have the advantage that they are an easier amplifier load than dynaudio, so you don't have to worry so much, as to whether your amplifier is man enough.

Also, they are upgradeable for one model to the next higher specification one. So you can buy the base model for say £750 and upgrade as and when funds allow, e.g £750, then £1200, then £1700 then £2300 etc etc.

At least gives the option of upgrading your speakers as you change your system / money allows, and you don't have to worry about selling your speakers, loosing money on them and finding money to buy new better speakers etc. You just pay the difference plus postage between the two models.

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
ARCAM used to use Audiovector to make their speakers.....not sure if they still do, but the Altos were definitely Audiovector products. I picked up a pair at half price for my study, and they're pretty nifty bits of kit. I don't think too many people paid the Altos much attention as they were seen as accompaniments to the ARCAM Solo / Mini instead of products in their own right. I think the mags that did review them as part of a Solo system generally thought they were pretty neat too. Boring looks though. Which is a shame as it means the wife doesn't like them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts