audiophile magazine/dealer visit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would WHFSV consider a "dealer visit" feature every month in the magazine? Audiophile used to run this feature until it was disbanded in the mid '90,s. I think it would be a welcome addition as i loved reading how good or bad variuos dealers were back then!

comments?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's often considered, but to date it's never been resurrected.

Long ago and far away I used to do these features, which resulted in me being physically thrown out of more than one retailer still in business, and treated with disdain in most of the rest.

But as ever I will flag up the idea to the mag and website suits - could see it making an interesting blog piece from time to time, for example...

margetti

May 29, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
Long ago and far away I used to do these features, which resulted in me being physically thrown out of moreÿ than one retailer still in business, and treated with disdain in most of the rest.

Aka Matt Allwright, Rogue Traders?ÿ

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Just brought back memories of a series of supplements Audiophile did back in the days of steam, involving me hammering around some far-flung part of the land in weather somewhat like we're having now trying to 'mystery visit' and write up three or four shops a day.

Good experience, but not exactly what I'd call fun...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts