Audiocom Reference/Signature modded Oppo BDP-105

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So, has any lucky soul been able to get a listen to one of these rather expensive beasts? I'm keen to learn what they bring to the table over and above what the standard model does. The only review I can find is in French, and google translate very often....doesn't. :)

D

Deleted member 2457

http://www.audiocominternational.com/oppo-mods/128-oppo-bdp-105-signature-mod.html

So this is the one you want? And you want to compare it to this:

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/ecommerce/product/oppo-bdp-105eu.aspx

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
http://www.audiocominternational.com/oppo-mods/128-oppo-bdp-105-signature-mod.html

So this is the one you want? And you want to compare it to this:

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/ecommerce/product/oppo-bdp-105eu.aspx

Yeah, I've seen the specs, as I say, I was keen to read any reviews, hear about any Forum Members' personal experiences, if anyone has one of the modded players. However I suspect they may well be very rare "in the wild", as it were. :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think the mods they have done sound awesome - especially the custom linear power supply,

See if you can get one with a return period if your not happy with it.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Mark from Audiocom is due to lend me one of these in the next few weeks so I should have a better idea of what to expect from it. Allegedly it is better than the Primare BD32 which was by far the best BD spinner I have ever seen.

I’m sure we will have more comments from people saying there is no difference between BD players. That is simply not true based on my experience of 9 years or so of sitting in front of them almost daily.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
themovierooms said:
I’m sure we will have more comments from people saying there is no difference between BD players. That is simply not true based on my experience of 9 years or so of sitting in front of them almost daily.

Have you ever thought about switching them on? :wave:

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
My question is.....does the engineering justify the price. Somewhat steep and has anybody had a problem with e standard 105 EU in regard to sound, vibration and quality?

Toolpusher

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Surely we can all agree; above a certain (possibly relatively low) price point, the law of diminishing returns bites hard, really hard. It's a question of how much you're prepared to pay for that extra that perhaps takes a really good system and makes it truly silly grin-inducing/foot-tapping/head-banging/dance-compelling/whatever floats your boat?

As I've said in other threads; I've still to audition the standard 105, although I very much look forward to doing so ASAP. I was just wondering if I ought to be aiming a tad higher, bearing in mind that I'll be keeping it for years. :?

Legacy260

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
As a piece of outstanding technology I am sure it is something special. I am not keen about the additional badging and do wonder that in 2-3 years time the Blu ray / DVD market will have died as everything will be streamed. Unlike vinyl this technology is dying and I would not spend the additional above the standard 105 EU.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
themovierooms said:
Mark from Audiocom is due to lend me one of these in the next few weeks so I should have a better idea of what to expect from it. Allegedly it is better than the Primare BD32 which was by far the best BD spinner I have ever seen.

Oh no, please don’t say it’s better than the Primare, I just got one 2 months ago and that might upset me :grin:

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
https://s3.amazonaws.com/audiocomdownloads/HIFI%2B111_EqRev_Audiocom+HR.pdf

We’re starting to see some reviews on these coming through. This is one of the first English language one's I have seen.

JCL53

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
yes, I got the Oppo 105D Signature about 2 months ago.. i already have Oppo 95 Signature and non modified Oppo 95. I decided that the difference in picture and audio quality that i experienced with the 95 signature and the normal 95 warranted going for the 105D signature. I have to say that the Oppo 105D Signature Video and Audio is big step up from the 95 Signature, very impressive. However does depend on source equipment and cables if you are to get the best from this product.

JCL53

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
yes i have the Oppo 105D Signature and also the prevous 95 version. The quaiity is big step up for Video and Audio assuming you have good source equipment

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts