Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Spent £25 quid at Langley Mill Records

Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining

Genesis - And then there were three.....

Martha & the Muffins - Metro Music

Suzanne Vega - Days of Open Hand

Marrilion - Script of a Jesters Tear

Big Audio Dynamite - This is......

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

The The - Infected

Chuffed with that lot!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Just ordered through Discogs.

OLE-287_5.jpg

A rather wonderful album, recommended to all.

And I've just made an offer for......

MI0002073352.jpg

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Toto Hydra

Foreigner Four

Journey Greatest Hits Vol 1

Rory Gallagher Jinx and Tattoo

Deep Purple Slaves and Masters

All on Music On Vinyl.

I reckon I need about 18 new/re-issue albums and about 16 secondhand and I've done according to my list.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Jim-W said:
DIB said:
There's a nice collection of 70's Rock/Prog albums for sale on Ebay near me that I had my eye on. Astonishingly the 112 LPs are now up to £500 and counting.

I can only think there are some collectors bidding who can spot some rare and valuable LPs in amongst it all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251354878812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There are some very rare items, like the various Vertigo swirls and the first Genesis lp which alone, if mono, can fetch £1,000. This lot will go for much more than £500 .It's hard to understand why these records have been lumped together in a job lot though. The descriptions of the albums are not adequate, ie mono or stereo and condition. Approach with extreme caution.

Still 14 hours to go and these 112 LPs are up to nearly £800 quid now.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi BBB,

Any luck with the A Minor Forest LP?

I'm going to my local record shop after work, he keeps luring me in with Link Wray and Dylan pressings I haven't already got. We'll see. He's also plugging a rather good deal on Dugong's second LP, Hot Danko. Too many LPs, not enough disposable cash.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Just ordered through Discogs.

OLE-287_5.jpg

A rather wonderful album, recommended to all.

And I've just made an offer for......

MI0002073352.jpg

Both arrived today, but haven't had the chance to play either yet.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
DIB said:
Jim-W said:
DIB said:
There's a nice collection of 70's Rock/Prog albums for sale on Ebay near me that I had my eye on. Astonishingly the 112 LPs are now up to £500 and counting.

I can only think there are some collectors bidding who can spot some rare and valuable LPs in amongst it all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251354878812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There are some very rare items, like the various Vertigo swirls and the first Genesis lp which alone, if mono, can fetch £1,000. This lot will go for much more than £500 .It's hard to understand why these records have been lumped together in a job lot though. The descriptions of the albums are not adequate, ie mono or stereo and condition. Approach with extreme caution.

Still 14 hours to go and these 112 LPs are up to nearly £800 quid now.

Oh well you win some, lose some. £1464.55!

Antony Brown

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Just ordered Jack White's new LP "Lazaretto." Can't wait: it ships in July (so I'll have to) but apparently the B-side plays from centre to outer rim and there are two versions of track one on side one: depending where the needle lands you either hear an acoustic or electric version. Should be fun.

Well, i'm still no closer to buying a turntable, but i have begun buying albums for when i do actually get one.

recently ordered from amazon :- Prong-Ruining Lives. Machine Head- Burn My Eyes and Prong-Beg To Differ.

I had spotted a Thorens TD124 which had been rebuilt, but not had a response from the seller yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts