Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
51nlY0vBkOL._SY450_.jpg

Spent some of this month's £25 premium bonds winnings on this from a HMV store.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Just sitting down with a cup of tea and a hot cross bun (or two!) after a fun morning at The Record Shop in Amersham for Record Store Day 2014. Didn't manage to find the John Grant 12" I was looking for, but did find -

Marillion - You're Gone on a very nice 12" picture disc

Bruce Springsteen - American Beauty 12" EP

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood - Did You Ever, at a charity shop this afternoon for 80p. :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
All part of Record Store day...

The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly OST

Live At Monterey, Jimi Hendrix

Vol.3 (The Subliminal Verses), Slipknot

Dirk Wears White Sox, Adam And The Ants

Get Thy Bearings 10", Bonobo

Terminator 2 Soundtrack 7"

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Today, after a 4 hour queue at Resident Records in Brighton I was delighted to get:

7"

Luke Haines - Lou Reed Lou Reed

Natasha Khan & John Hopkins - A Garden's Heart

Tracey Thorn - Molly Drake Songs

Luke Sital-Singh - Greatest Lovers

Public Service Broadcasting - Elfstedentocht

Parquet Courts - Sunbathing Animal

Kylie - Golden Boy

David Bowie - Rock 'n' Roll Suicide

Damon Albarn - Hollow Ponds

Bombay Bicycle Club - To The Bone

Fela Kuti - Se E Tun De

Mazzy Star - I'm Less Here

12"

Steve Mason - Remixes

Jagwar Ma/Temples - Remixes

PIL - Death Disco

Albums

The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3

Various Artists - The Rough Guide To Psychedelic Bollywood

Ice-T - Greatest Hits

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular

Toy - Join The Dubs

Adam And The Ants - Dirk Wears White Sox

Dean Martin - Dream With Dean

Motörhead - Motörhead

Everything But The Girl - Eden

Various - XFM X-Posure Sessions On Vinyl (Warchild)

Also got to pick up Finley Quaye - Maverick A Strike (Reissue)

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
RSD

Johnny Cash - With his hot and blue guitar

The Yardbirds - Little Games

Jimmy Hendrix - Live at Monterey

Also

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled water

(Remasters)

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

DIB said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood - Did You Ever, at a charity shop this afternoon for 80p. :)

How did they work that price out? Is it not worth a quid?

I know, very strange price, and a very good album, condition is great.

Inspired by Record Store Day, I visited Abergavenny Music for the first time, and what a delightful place. Bought two secondhand CDs: Mozart horn concertos (Hogwood, AAM), and Arcadi Volodos first recital. But the magic was a 45rpm 7" single (or maybe it is an EP) of sopranos Georgiu and Callas in a reproduction sleeve. I haven't bought a 7 inch record since I was about fourteen, which is many decades ago!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Went to a car boot this morning, and actually found some reasonable albums.

The Smiths - The World Won't Listen £2

Then all these for 50p each:

The Cult - Sonic Temple

Pigbag - Dr Heckle and Mr Jive

Brand New Heavies - BNH

Talk Talk - Natural History

The Ruts - The Crack (Yes I know I already have it)

Big Audio Dynamite - This Is BAD

Inspiral Carpets - Devil Hopping

Snuff - Flibbiddydibbiddydob

Fun Boy Three - Waiting

Fleetwood Mac (Peter Green's) - Greatest Hits

The The - Infected (With torture sleeve and poster)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
A couple of years back I sold off a number of my LPs, those that had some sort of decent value. I would say that I don't miss the majority of them, but one that I always regretted selling was this one..

spirit--adventures-of-kapt-kopter-and-commander-cassidy-in-potatoland.jpeg

.. god knows what chemicals Randy California was on when he put this together, but it's a cracker. I bought the CD version as replacement but that quite frankly is rubbish in comparison to the shorter LP version. Saw it last week on Ebay from a fellow Mancunian seller so bought it along with a few other bits and pieces. Can't wait to play it again when it arrives. Advertised as in Excellent+/Near Mint condition, along with the original accompanying comic, here's hoping.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
There's a nice collection of 70's Rock/Prog albums for sale on Ebay near me that I had my eye on. Astonishingly the 112 LPs are now up to £500 and counting.

I can only think there are some collectors bidding who can spot some rare and valuable LPs in amongst it all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251354878812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There are some very rare items, like the various Vertigo swirls and the first Genesis lp which alone, if mono, can fetch £1,000. This lot will go for much more than £500 .It's hard to understand why these records have been lumped together in a job lot though. The descriptions of the albums are not adequate, ie mono or stereo and condition. Approach with extreme caution.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Jim-W said:
DIB said:
There's a nice collection of 70's Rock/Prog albums for sale on Ebay near me that I had my eye on. Astonishingly the 112 LPs are now up to £500 and counting.

I can only think there are some collectors bidding who can spot some rare and valuable LPs in amongst it all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251354878812?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

There are some very rare items, like the various Vertigo swirls and the first Genesis lp which alone, if mono, can fetch £1,000. This lot will go for much more than £500 .It's hard to understand why these records have been lumped together in a job lot though. The descriptions of the albums are not adequate, ie mono or stereo and condition. Approach with extreme caution.

Don't worry, when I first noticed it the price was only about £30. Couldn't believe it when I looked at it again tonight. Who ever wins needs to check each one before handing over the wonga.

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
DIB said:
Jim-W said:
DIB said:

Don't worry, when I first noticed it the price was only about £30. Couldn't believe it when I looked at it again tonight. Who ever wins needs to check each one before handing over the wonga.

Spot on. I think that's why they're in a job lot. Each of these records needs a detailed guide to their condition and how they play or, s you say, the buyer needs to arrange to look them over.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Supertamp - Crime of the Century

ordered :

Paulo Nutini's new LP

Crime Of The Century is a wonderful album, I hope you enjoy it.

I don't have the Paulo Nutini album, but if it sounds as good as his performance on Later with Jools this evening, then it will be a great listen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts