Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Marvindodgers said:
Supertramp - Crime Of The Century

Good LP

It is a great LP. I noticed as I was playing it for the first time that the label is incorrectly applied, I.e. Side A label is on side B. This brought me to thinking that of the hundreds of LPs I own, I've never seen this before. Has anybody else seen this?

Milo_Myage

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well as today was payday and i had the day off thought i'd treat myself to a day out digging through crates in Chichester. Didn't really have anything in mind when i out so that might explain the eclectic lot i came home with.

Half Man Half Biscuit - Back in the D.H,S,S

Tangerine Dream - Sorcerer OST

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

Rambo III - OST

Dr. Feelgood - Down by the Jetty

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

Harry Nilsson - A Little Touch of Schmilsson in the Night

Ry Cooder - Bop til you Drop

£24 the lot

Milo_Myage

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Milo, whereabouts in Chichester? I am in Worthing and usually spend one day a week in the firm's Chichester office and would love to while away a lunchtime flicking through vinyl.

There's two, both on The Hornet. Helter Skelter is hidden down the back of an antiques shop and there's another one on the other side of the road in the Almshouse Arcade. If you're in town you just keep going down East St staying left when it splits in two, just as you think there's no more shops left you'll see the antiques shop.

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi Milo /Was thiniking of taking a trip into Chichester as I Live only 40 minutes away.

What is the Quality Of the vinyl like and what shop has the best selection/ quality?

I have heard good things about Helter Skelter from other forums.

Milo_Myage

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Daz B said:
Hi Milo /Was thiniking of taking a trip into Chichester as I Live only 40 minutes away.

What is the Quality Of the vinyl like and what shop has the best selection/ quality?

I have heard good things about Helter Skelter from other forums.

Helter Skelter has the bigger selection, with most of it priced around £3.50. Sleeves vary in condition but the records themselves are generally excellent. The other one is much smaller but probably holds more interesting stock with prices to match. Not over priced though plus everything is negotiable for good customers. He'll do you a cuppa as well. Both well worth a visit.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

David Bowie - Low, £4 at a vintage fair

Went to an auction this morning, and bought a load of records and books for £4. Nothing great in there, but I've already found a couple of classical records that are worth a few quid, so any money I can make will go towards the new vinyl fund.

Oldenbroke

Mar 11, 2008
Visit site
Paul Rodgers - The Royal Sessions. Paid top dollar but

it was much needed retail therapy. Excellent recording &

thoroughly enjoyable listen.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Had a bit a Prefab Sprout splurge to replace albums I bought on tape back in the '80s. I have no idea why I bought these on tape as I was an avid vinyl buyer back then as wel!

Prefab Sprout - Swoon

Prefab Sprout - From Langley Park To Memphis

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Jeff Beck, Live at Ronnie Scotts, on vinyl.

Ella Fitzgerald, Sings the Irving Berlin Songbook, CD

Marvindodgers, I also have at least one LP with the labels reversed, but can't recall what it is.

Feral

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Picked up Frank Zappa's Zoot Allures for £9. They also had Larks Tounges in Aspic but a bit too much scratches for me to buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts