Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 79 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Lalo Schifrin - Bulliitt OST

Charlie Parker - The Definitive vol.2

Charlie Parker - The Definitive Vol.5

Charlie Parker - The Definitive Vol.6

Cannonball Adderley / John Coltrane - Cannonball & Coltrane

Cannonball Adderley Quartet - Cannonball Takes Charge

Art Tatum - God Is In The House

Art Tatum - 1945

Charlie Parker - Charlie Parker Memorial Vol.1

Charlie Parker - Charlie Parker Memorial Vol.2

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Charlie Parker - The Definitive Vol.1

Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin

Various - African Journey: A Search for The Roots Of The Blues Vol.2

Spencer Davis Group / Traffic - Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush OST

Jacques Brel - Quand On N'a Que L'Amour

Microdisney - The Clock Comes Down The Stairs

Microdisney - Crooked Mile

Stan Getz - The Special Magic Of...

John Coltrane - Ascension

Midnight Cowboy OST

Coleman Hawkins - Vintage Hawk

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Various - Sambas

Cocteau Twins - Milk & Kisses

Kraftwerk - Computer World

Tom Waits - Heart Attack & Vine

Sham 69 - The First The Best & The Last

Yello - Flag

Plus loads of other stuff, including 20 odd Frank Sinatra LPs.

I won't leave it so long next time......

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Transmitter Down said:
I've bought a lot of records over the last few months, here's the highlights, as the whole lot would take far too long.

Wow, that's some sort of list there, Smitty. I wish I could browse through the places you get your records from, because you seem to come up with some real gems. I'd be interested to hear some of that jazz (Coltrane, Cannonball, Parker). Hope you're enjoying them!

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally made it to the Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A today, really good, 3 hours well spent.

Used to go to Floyd gigs regularly, clubs and the uni / college circuit, probably seem them more than most bands. Started seeing them when Mad Syd was still in the band, first time might have been the 14 Hour Technicolour Dream gig at Ally Pally in the 60s.

All my Pink Floyd (vinyl) albums got nicked years ago so when I got to the museum shop there were racks and racks of reissued 180 gm vinyl just waiting to seduce me and my hard earned into parting company. Much as I wanted to, couldn't afford to buy them all. Choices, choices. Had already replaced Piper at the Gates of Dawna while back, so I bought a couple of my favourites:

Saucerful of Secrets

More OST

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Benjamin Clementine – I Tell a Fly. Ridiculously varied and bizarre. I suspect I might hate this in a couple of months' time, but it's interesting enough to demand some proper attention.
TORRES – Three Futures
Sampha – Process. Not sure how I missed this when it came out.

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
No Pulse.

This is what they did have on vinyl:

Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, Final Cut, Animals, More, Ummagumma, Division Bell, Wish You Were Here, Saucerful of Secrets, The Wall, Momentary Lapse of Reason, Atom Heart Mother, Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Dark Side of the Moon. Also Interstellar Overdrive, aka 'Tonight Let's All Make Love In London' - the soundtrack to Peter Whitehead's documentary film of the same name.

Albums cost £20, double albums £30, Interstellar Overdrive £15.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Japan : Tin Drum

Steely Dan : Pretzel Logic

Beck : Modern Guilt

Joanna Newsome : Divers

Van Morrison : Moondance

Fleetwood Mac : Mirage

Bought this morning from my local 2nd hand vinyl emporium. Played them all back to back this afternoon, nice mix

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
GNOD - Just Say No To The Psycho Right-Wing Capitalist Fascist Industrial Death Machine (Red Vinyl)

Orange Juice - Rip It Up

Preston Epps - Bongo Bongo Bongo

Suzanne Vega - Days Of Open Hand

Perez Prado / Shorty Rogers - Voodoo Suite

Clark Terry - Mumbles

4 x Family Cat 12"s

Jimmy Beasley - Twist With....

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't help myself, splashed out:

The Temptations - Sky's The Limit. New vinyl reissue, worth the money just for 'Smiling Face Sometimes'

Chicken Shack - Forty Blue Fingers, Freshly Packed And Ready To Serve. New vinyl reissue, been meaning to get it for ages.

Sonny Rollins Quartet - Saxophone Colussus. It's taken ages to track down a copy of this.

Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster. Original Verve label, in mint condition, can't wait to play it.

Kenny Burrell - Listen To The Dawn. Secondhand but sounds brand new.

The Garden of Delights. An Elektra double album sampler, tracks from Love, Lonnie Mack, Butterfield Blues Band, David Ackles, Tom Paxton and Earth Opera, to name but a few. No cover so the bloke let me have it for 3 quid. Result.

6and8 said:
Couldn't help myself, splashed out:

The Temptations - Sky's The Limit. New vinyl reissue, worth the money just for 'Smiling Face Sometimes'

Chicken Shack - Forty Blue Fingers, Freshly Packed And Ready To Serve. New vinyl reissue, been meaning to get it for ages.

Sonny Rollins Quartet - Saxophone Colussus. It's taken ages to track down a copy of this.

Gerry Mulligan Meets Ben Webster. Original Verve label, in mint condition, can't wait to play it.

Kenny Burrell - Listen To The Dawn. Secondhand but sounds brand new.

The Garden of Delights. An Elektra double album sampler, tracks from Love, Lonnie Mack, Butterfield Blues Band, David Ackles, Tom Paxton and Earth Opera, to name but a few. No cover so the bloke let me have it for 3 quid. Result.

A nice collection. chickenshack and Gerry Mulligan appeal to me.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
thescarletpronster said:
Björk – Utopia. On first listen, a stone-cold classic. Excellent stuff.

Agreed. Lovely album. Especially in a rather fetching shade of peach ! ;-)

2017-11-25%2017.49.18.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts