Anybody been Record Shopping today?

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
brownz said:
Ho yus,

Lovely pressing as well. Not a spurious click or pop anywhere. Didn't even need cleaning.

It's from Optimal Media, the best in the business (you can tell by the runout etchings). Unfortunately my copy does have some clicks; I cleaned it last night and hope that'll deal with at least some of them. Lovely album, anyway.

Transmitter Down

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Oneida - Absolute II

Tom Tom Club - Tom Tom Club

The Stooges - The Stooges (2 x LP reissue)

Pocahaunted - Chains

Telstar Sound Drone - Magical Solutions To Everyday Struggles

Topaz Rags - Capricorn Born Again

Suicide - A Way Of Life

Scott Walker - Scott 4 (reissue)

Neg-Fi - Mid Side

Gene Ammons - The Gene Ammons Story

Neg-Fi - Unmergency

Lord Fluken

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi, used to post here a lot, got frustrated over a few things, having been keeping an on here under the new name.

One I have bought this year is a 10" W. H .Lung - Inspiration!/Nothing Is, fantastic couple of songs, great live band too, have mid period Talking Heads feel to them.

Mentioning it really for BBB/TTD as having listed to a few shows and checking your playlists think it would go down well on your show.

Apparently I ordered Carcass - Necrotism whilst inebriated on Xmas day (just seen the transaction on my credit card)

yesterday, I went to HMV Meadowhall with the intention of buying a few records, but spent £100.00 on a watch before I got there! Then bought a CD.

Today, I’ve just ordered the new Machine Head Album box set, which had sold out a few days ago so I thought I’d missed out on that one.

Not a bad few days really, oh, for those interested, the watch is a TW Steel .

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Slint - Spiderland (remastered)

Fat Freddy's Drop - Based on a True Story

Part Chimp - IV

David Bowie - Blackstar

Idles - Brutalism

Circle - Terminal

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Nadine Shah - Holiday Destination

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Had some pocket money (!) so went shopping today. Was hoping to get the latest War on Drugs LP. It's a double, which is especially inconvenient, and they want £24 for it.

I love records, but can't bring myself to spend that much on one LP. Ended up buying none as I was so annoyed by the prices....

chris_bates1974 said:
Had some pocket money (!) so went shopping today. Was hoping to get the latest War on Drugs LP. It's a double, which is especially inconvenient, and they want £24 for it.

I love records, but can't bring myself to spend that much on one LP. Ended up buying none as I was so annoyed by the prices....

this is becoming a far too often experience for me too, it’s a bit expensive when it’s new, but it’s downright out of order for second hand stuff.

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
All secondhand:

Gene Ammons - Nothin' But Soul (The vinyl is mint but no sleeve so only 3 quid - a snip)

Gene Ammons - Up Tight!

The Kinks - Well Respected Kinks

Chris Rea - Special Mini Album Vol 2. It plays at 45 rpm. Bought it for Stainsby Girls (Sax Mix) - a belter

6and8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Up in the West Midlands today, wandered into a record shop to check out the 'new arrivals' secondhand bin and quite by chance found a couple of albums I've been hunting down for a while:

The Peddlers Live at the Pickwick - first heard this as a teenager, love Roy Phillips gravelly voice over those Lowry organ riffs.

Jamming With Edward - I overlooked it at the time, stripped-down Stones with Nicky Hopkins and Ry Cooder, really nice bluesy sound.

And from the charity shop, a bit of the old Ludwig Van - Beethoven's Symphony No 9 Choral with Joan Sutherland and the Vienna Philharmonic, it conjures up images of Alex and his Droogs wreaking havoc.

Along with some Johann Sebastian Bach - Professor Michael Schneider at Schleswig's Great Cathedral Organ.

All in very nice nick, clean and (mostly) crackle-free.

Just bought, from a newly opened superstore (Trago) an early Joe Bonamassa album 'New Day Yesterday Live' on Provogue label.

Absolutely stunning and noise free, well apart from the music, just a pity liners were cheap paper type as they were a tad dusty on first playing.

Good job I still have a few Goldring Exstatic liners left. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts