Any details re: new KEF Q series ?

Quickben

Oct 10, 2007
Visit site
Does anybody know anything ? I recently enquired about a set of iQ90's in the walnut wood veneer and was told that KEF didn't have any left as they were making room for new stock of the revised range which was set to come out this month. Any details leaked ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
KEF have leaked no solid details at all about any new speakers. They've advertised in WHF with a teaser ad about some new speakers, but there's been no details given to any dealers, so the dealer in question is guessing, just I can only guess as to what is being updated. I will be attending the launch on the 13/14th and will post details a.s.a.p for forum members.

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
There's a pic of a speaker on their wesite, where the speaker is mostly shrouded in a red velvety cover.

The speaker seems to be a standard rectangular shape without any of the curves that we've been used to of late. The speaker cone looks a bit metallic as well, but that could just be the lighting.

Maybe it's just a red herring and looks nothing like what will be coming out.

"Prepare yourself for a giant leap in acoustic performance. The great sound upgrade starts this September." Will they live up to the hype......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Even dealers haven't been told which range is the advert is for, although we can guess. Having said that, you mentioning 'red herring' has made me think twice....and if what I'm thinking now is true, I think we might be in for a treat!

Either way, as long as I'm allowed (I'm guessing not), I'll be Twittering as much detail as possible at the launch next Monday.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. If so, the info will be ready to reveal as son as I'm allowed
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
Yeah, that's what I'm guessing. If so, the info will be ready to reveal as son as I'm allowed
emotion-1.gif

Patience my friend. All will be revealed...

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Alex Foxon:FrankHarveyHiFi:
emotion-1.gif

OK.............

But when????????

AEJim

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
fayeanddavid:Alex Foxon:FrankHarveyHiFi:
emotion-1.gif

OK.............

But when????????

Probably in about 4 days, 13 hours and 42 minutes at a guess...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

AEJim:fayeanddavid:Alex Foxon:FrankHarveyHiFi:
emotion-1.gif

OK.............

But when????????

Probably in about 4 days, 13 hours and 42 minutes at a guess...
emotion-2.gif

James has nothing better to do than look at our website today! Lol.
:)

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
The new Q series is now on the Kef website. They renamed the old speakers the "Classic Q series"

I think the old ones look nicer.

Anyone heard the new ones yet ?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Not yet, but we've had a good look/feel - there'll be a news video up here on the KEF Classic Q Series speakers tomorrow, followed by reviews as soon as we get our hands on full production samples.

mikegtar

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Not yet, but we've had a good look/feel - there'll be a news video up here on the KEF Classic Q Series speakers tomorrow, followed by reviews as soon as we get our hands on full production samples.

Good stuff Clare ! Would also be good if you could do a "Mythbusters" style vid in a few weeks to validate Kef's marketing blurb : "Prepare yourself for a giant leap in acoustic performance"

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
They certainly look interesting. Much larger than the old Q series and they've lost the rounded enclosures (I'm guessing it would be too costly to put curves on these much larger enclosures).

I do find it strange that despite all 3 towers having 4 drivers of equal size (5.25, 6.5 and 8 inches respectively) they are all 2.5 way designs rather than 3 ways... Also, the frequency response on the Q900 is not much improved over the IQ90 (32hz - 40Khz V 33hz - 40Khz), despite the former having 4 8 inch drivers versus 3 6.5 inch drivers on the later.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading WHF's reviews of the new range...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts