Any details re: new KEF Q series ?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

What can I do?I use a marantz KI pearl 70w per ch.is to powerful for this :).does anybody this prob.thank u

Paulv said:
What can I do?I use a marantz KI pearl 70w per ch.is to powerful for this :).does anybody this prob.thank u

It is more likely because your amplifier is not powerful enough.

Distortion will damage your tweeters; too much undistorted power is unlikely to.

Do you regularly play them very loud, and 'clip' your amplifier? If so, that's why. If not, you may have a fault in the amp or source, perhaps injecting a high-frequency signal that is cooking your tweeters.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Marantz products go very well with the current KEF products, so don't worry. And the amp will be fine for the Q900's - it's not too powerful. Generally, the more power the better anyway :)

A

Anonymous

Edited by mods - duplicate post.

Thank u.I will go friday to check the amp.

A

Anonymous

Edited by mods - duplicate post.

Thank u.I will go friday to check the amp.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got one q500 repaired in sevenoaks because the uni-q driver became unglued to the rubber and split at the bottom. When I got it back and plugged it in it was instantly clear that the tweeter in the other one was blown. I'm not really pushing these anywhere near as much as I used to with monitor audio speakers and am awaiting a reply on this speaker now lol I just want to enjoy music!

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
it is now march yay blown another tweeter, not sure how i've hardly used them for music in the last few months and have been really quiet really. Have emailed the shop to see if I can exchange for something I trust a little more.

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The cambridge audio I've used with this pair was brand new and there is of course the potential for disaster but it's such a modern amp and the previous amp I was using the outlaw rr2150 also resulted in this problem. I've changed source, amp, cables and have had a failure in just one speaker indicating I'm likely not doing anything out and out wrong. I just hope they let me swap for a set of tannoys dc6ts as I'd pay the difference just to not worry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts