Antimode 8033 Recommendation (Subwoofer EQ)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Always struggled with a bit of subwoofer bass boom - and have fiddled with all sorts of solutions, from using a BFD (good but very hard work to get setup properly) to using the single PEQ on the back of my SVS Ultra 13 Subwoofer - none to any avail - or certainly none gave me the improvement I was looking for.

I knew as a minimum (using REW - a software program that shows your frequency curve amongst a lot of other things) - that I had about a 10dB peak at 41hz - but could not get it dialled in accurately enough to remove using the single PEQ on the back of my Sub.

Therefore decided to give an Antimode 8033 a whirl - which does all of this automatically - cost around £220 delivered

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml

Autosetup (using the supplied mic) takes about 3 minutes, you can take multiple measuring points if you wish, you then simply connect an input line-in cable from amp pre-out to the antimode, and another cable from antimode to your sub.

It then sets a number of filters (up to 24 I think) to try and give a flat a response from 16-140 odd hz as it can. One interesting point to the Antimode is it corrects both for frequency and amplitude, but also filters in the time domain to reduce ringing.

Overall impressions are superb - one of the best upgrades I've performed on my system, my sub sounds more accurate and punchy now, and I can listen at higher volumes without any boom.

For the money its a no brainer.

I'll try and post pre and post 8033 EQ curves later if I get the time

cheers, Buckshar

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Buckshar:

Bukshar,

When a 500 watt MA RSW12 in silver costs only £299.00, I wonder if spending £220.00 on this device is a 'no-brainer' as you put it - maybe it is to you.

Thanks for the heads up anyway!

Ronald

A

Anonymous

Ronald Archiebald:Buckshar:

Bukshar,

When a 500 watt MA RSW12 in silver costs only £299.00, I wonder if spending £220.00 on this device is a 'no-brainer' as you put it - maybe it is to you.

Thanks for the heads up anyway!

Ronald

Depends how serious you are about your AV , some just want a simple plug and play and are happy ( I actually envy them ) others treat Home cinema as thier main hobby and will try and get the best they can,

If anyone has looked at room acoustics ( Ok here I go again ) then I for one am with Buckstar and his antimode recommendation , although you are quite right about price , the MA RSW12 does not justify the cost

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I have a BK XLR300 sub which I use in my stereo set up only,see sig below,it is connected to the power amp via a Neutrik cable to the high level input and then directly to the speaker binding posts. I want to know can an Anti-Mode be added in this configuration and if so how it would be connected.

TRENDING THREADS