Can anyone offer any advice on the following amps:

Creek Evo 2

Exposure 2010s2

Rega Brio R

Current setup consists of:

Source: Rega Apollo

Speakers: MA RS6.

Amp: NAD C352

Have trialled the Audiolab 8200 but found it a little to bright with MA RS6's.

Listen to mostly dance, Hip Hop, Jazz Funk.

Welcome...

Leema Pulse currently being sold @ £699 brand new from 7 oaks, Brighton. Has powerfully strong bass (not the deepest), insight and dynamics to blow most, if not all, sub-£1,000 integrateds away. As you can see from my sig I've the RS6s and it sounds sublime for the money.

If you're sold on the list you've mentioned I'd certainly plump for Creek Evo. Fabulous little amp. The only caveat is that your current Nad has an amazing amount of bass depth: If you preach at the 'House of Bass' the Nad can't be bettered.

A

Anonymous

QUIKSTER said:
Can anyone offer any advice on the following amps:

Creek Evo 2

Exposure 2010s2

Rega Brio R

Current setup consists of:

Source: Rega Apollo

Speakers: MA RS6.

Amp: NAD C352

Have trialled the Audiolab 8200 but found it a little to bright with MA RS6's.

Listen to mostly dance, Hip Hop, Jazz Funk.

With your set-up; IMO amps under £1k will just be too much of a sideways step; more so with your taste in music

If you wanted to add some extra oomph to your system; keep your eyes peeled for a decent 2nd hand NAD C272 power amp or maybe a C275BEE power amp (they can still be bought new as well)

That'd really get the M/A speakers singing
smiley-cool.gif

The NAD C352 integrated amp is still a cracker and it's hard to beat unless you spend a fair whack

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I read in "Stereophile" review of Creek Destiny (1) that that one goes very well with the MA RS 6. There should be some cheap old stock Destiny's 1 because there is an expensive Destiny 2 now. See for yourself. Good luck!

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Superfi have a sale on the Creek amps,

Creek Evo 2: £630

Creek 5350: £899

Also Sevenoaks still have a few Leema Pulse available at £699.

Is there much difference between the Evo 2 and 5350, and how would the 5350 perform against the Leema.

The ideal amp would need to gel with the Rega Apollo and MA RS6.

I keep hearing that NAD are best for dance/electronic music, but just after that next level sound quality.

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Is there much difference between the Evo 2 and 5350, and how would the 5350 perform against the Leema.

I keep hearing that NAD are best for dance/electronic music, but just after that next level sound quality.

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

A

Anonymous

The Leema Pulse is a good amp but as I said in my earlier post; you'll not find it that much of an upgrade over the NAD!

Have you thought about demoing the NAD C275BEE power amp with your system and see how that goes

The added power amp will really help to drive the RS6's to their best; the added power will give you a better overall soundstage with harder, punchier bass and a more detailed midrange/treble but with no added brightness

The C272 power amp 2nd hand would be a superb upgrade IMO

If you wanted to better your current system then you'd have to spend closer to, if not more, than £1k on either a new amp or speakers

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi quikster

I have a Creek Evo 2 amp and I can fully vouch for it. A truly excellent amp punches about its weight in all areas. Should sound a treat with the Rega. I demo'd the apollo myself. I wnet for the exposure 201s cd mainly because the top loading didn't quite agree with my rack. There was nothing between them. However... there is a special something which is shared by Rega components. So try them both.

:rockout:

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have heard both the Creek and Brio R and could not make my mind up, IMO they both sounded more or less the same and I decided to buy the Rega Brio R as it was £ 200 cheaper

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I,m not very good at putting sound into words, rest of system is MA RX1s and Audiolab 8200CD.

Bass is well defined and well extended, treble is just right not bright but not dull either, midrange is clear and well defined.

It all sounds just fine to me although no doubt if I spent several thousands more it would be even better in some respects.

The Brio is very well built and not too big if space is limited. As the RX1s have a high efficiency a larger power output is not required for my room which is about 7m x 4m. I listen to violin music a lot and therefore would not like a bright forward sound which would offend my ears. I a;lso play rock music very loud and it sounds great on this system.

Like everyone else would tell you you do need to demo stuff although it is not that easy sometimes.

As I said my system sounds great to me but you may not like the sound yourself.

QUIKSTER

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sevenoaks, Brighton have now reduced the Leema Pulse down to £599.

Won't be able to demo the amp, so will probably purchase based on the users ratings, a £1300 amp for £599 seems like a no brainer.

Fingers crossed it goes matches well with RS6 and Rega.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts