Rega Brio-R integrated amplifier or Marantz PM 8005 integrated amp??

Justinsong

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have creek5350se Rega Ara speaker and Macmini and 1bit Dac
This is currently Creek amp broke down and replace the amplifier.
So try to buy a Marantaz PM8005 and Rega Brio-r (used) during bodeon find the amplifier.
What should I buy this amp?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Justinsong said:
I have creek5350se Rega Ara speaker and Macmini and 1bit Dac
This is currently Creek amp broke down and replace the amplifier.
So try to buy a Marantaz PM8005 and Rega Brio-r (used) during bodeon find the amplifier.
What should I buy this amp?

With money

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Justinsong said:
I have creek5350se Rega Ara speaker and Macmini and 1bit Dac This is currently Creek amp broke down and replace the amplifier. So try to buy a Marantaz PM8005 and Rega Brio-r (used) during bodeon find the amplifier. What should I buy this amp?

With money

It might be worth considering that people using this form may not have English as their first language. Is it easier to be a smart ass than help someone out?

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Based on the specs alone, and not having heard the PM8005, I would choose the PM8005.

However, if you have been used to a Creek amp with Rega speakers, you might find the Rega Brio more 'musical' and closer to the Creek sound. I have heard the Brio, but not the other amps.

But this is all guess work and hopefully it will elicit a response from others that have heard the other amps.

M

Mammy Nun

I could...but if ya gotta ask, you simply wouldnt understand......!!!

matthewpiano

Can't be bothered. You've added nothing to this conversation that could help the OP. If you've got some knowledge about these two amps that could be useful, you could at least share it instead of wasting space.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mammy Nun said:
NO.........Make me..........!!!!!!!!!

Hi mammy's boy. If you're going to make nonsensicle comments, id suggest a forum where sometimes intelligent people reside, isn't the best place for you, you will just end up annoying people. I suggest you leave. Please.

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
muljao said:
Andrewjvt said:
Justinsong said:
I have creek5350se Rega Ara speaker and Macmini and 1bit Dac This is currently Creek amp broke down and replace the amplifier. So try to buy a Marantaz PM8005 and Rega Brio-r (used) during bodeon find the amplifier. What should I buy this amp?

With money

It might be worth considering that people using this form may not have English as their first language. Is it easier to be a smart ass than help someone out?

some ppl just take the biscuit.

matthewpiano

Animesh Ghose said:
matthewpiano said:
The op's existing Creek is a fine amp. Why has nobody else suggested he looks into getting it repaired?

may be b'coz we like new boxes.

It is a good option, jokes apart.
I think it highly unlikely anything mentioned in this thread so far is going to significantly improve on the 5350SE, and a repair/service could turn out to be a much more cost effective option.

rainsoothe

matthewpiano said:
Animesh Ghose said:
matthewpiano said:
The op's existing Creek is a fine amp. Why has nobody else suggested he looks into getting it repaired?

may be b'coz we like new boxes.

It is a good option, jokes apart.
I think it highly unlikely anything mentioned in this thread so far is going to significantly improve on the 5350SE, and a repair/service could turn out to be a much more cost effective option.

Haven't heard this particular Creek model, but read around about it some time ago, and repairing it would be my go-to as well.

gasolin

Googled the Creek Evolution 5350 amp and it's got alot of power more than 120watt in 8 ohm and more than 200watt in 4 ohm if you despite having small speakers want to play loud, go for about 100 watt in 8ohm

For power i would go for the Marantz PM8005 since it has the power in 8 ohm rega brio-r has in 4 ohm (not shure what the peaker power from both amps are)

I feel the PM8005 is not alot better than the PM6005 mabye also PM6006(havn't heard the PM6006), both which are 5 star amps, it is however better, has more power and better control over difficult speakers loads which rega might not be so good at, i even think it could handle speakers in the price range,sound quality of Dynaudio exite and Kef LS50 without beeing the weak link (and of course it also sounds better than the smaller PM amps).

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
muljao said:
Andrewjvt said:
Justinsong said:

With money

Im also not english
So stop being a **** as i was joking. Next time ill put a big smiley face and a lol after so you can understand better, see?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts