Am I the only one….

Minkey1

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
…sick of current TV shows and movies being so dark as to be unwatchable?

Presumed Innocent on Apple TV+ is the latest example. Seems every scene is shot in a dark room or outside at night.

Our LG55C3 is set up per WHF and THX guidelines, so I guess it’s just how they’re filmed. It’s like watching SD with Brightness at 0.

HDR? Sick of it.

Reactions: Jasonovich
HDR? Sick of it.
I'd suggest it's the implementation, rather than HDR itself. Regrettably, I watched England vs Denmark yesterday, and our internet connection briefly cut out so we went from HDR to non-HDR. Amazing how dull and flat it looks in comparison. Bit like England, then...

Solved by a quick reboot of the router, though I fear the team's problems are going to be rather harder to fix.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Not all stuff is dire on Netflix, when it's not hang up on fulfilling the woke quota and disproportionately raking up feminine heroism and the bad white guy.

There are some gems to be found and sort of harks back to the days, when film mogul's just focused on making great if not intelligent movies.
I saw House of Ninja twice, Sweet Home twice , Fake Hitman, there's many, can't add anymore; the Bedfordshire sun is merciless today and it's thwarting my functioning braincells, water water where's my water?

I've already seen Nope on my subscribed IPTV service (spoiler alert) about the carnivorous flying blanket in the sky or was it a UFO or Hillary Clinton's home rug? Might watch it again on Netflix. Really good stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minkey1

twinkletoes

The terminal list suffered with this, for what ever reason at least through Apple TV it was borderline unwatchable. But then things things like cabinet of curiosity’s looked incredible. Some things are badly implemented or have glitched upon upload and seemingly never sorted by the provider.

I just turn HDR in those situations and normally remedies the situation.

Reactions: Minkey1

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Not all stuff is dire on Netflix, when it's not hang up on fulfilling the woke quota and disproportionately raking up feminine heroism and the bad white guy.

There are some gems to be found and sort of harks back to the days, when film mogul's just focused on making great if not intelligent movies.
I saw House of Ninja twice, Sweet Home twice , Fake Hitman, there's many, can't add anymore; the Bedfordshire sun is merciless today and it's thwarting my functioning braincells, water water where's my water?

I've already seen Nope on my subscribed IPTV service (spoiler alert) about the carnivorous flying blanket in the sky or was it a UFO or Hillary Clinton's home rug? Might watch it again on Netflix. Really good stuff.
I watched the film nope awhile ago on the "IPTV" some shun in public, then watch secretly themselves when something they really want to see appears ,some oddly without even knowing.
(I'm not at all sure some people know IPTV can be legal and is just a protocol)
The film Nope I actually enjoyed it but recently I keep finding myself watching freevee for the mostly bad and never mentioned obscure sci fi.

(Theres people I genuinely know paying for a TV licence to watch only netflix (not live) and think they need one to even turn on a set irrespective of not watching any live TV etc after yrs of the BBC's constant tyrade of misinformation and entrapment.
As mentioned ages ago I removed the TV licensing bully boys "right of access" to the property both verbally during their last visit aided by his self identified ring camera 😁 and via letter to receive confirmation a few days later from themselves that they won't be back but may send me a letter from time 😂 incase I decide to let them rob me)

The best movie I've experienced recently the new mad max furiouso but not because of the mediocre film but because it was Cineworld in 4DX.

It's a theme park ride aswell as a movie.
Compressed air in the side of the head to mimick bullets, fans spool up to give wind effect, side to side and practically vertical take off to feel every bump, hit, and other movements even water thrown from the head rests for the scenes that use it.

The amount of movement shocked me, expecting the arcade video game type of ever slight movement.
The seats literally throw you around with shocking accuracy over what's been shown onscreen.

I wasn't fussed on trying it but will go again and the tickets were only (4.70) more than a regular normal viewing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I watched the film nope awhile ago on the "IPTV" some shun in public, then watch secretly themselves when something they really want to see appears ( some oddly without even knowing,
I'm not at all sure people know IPTV can be legal and is just a protocol)
The film Nope I actually enjoyed it but recently I keep finding myself watching freevee for the mostly bad and never mentioned obscure sci fi.

(Theres people I genuinely know paying for a TV licence to watch only netflix (not live) and think they need one to even turn on a set irrespective of not watching live TV etc after yrs of the BBC's constant tyrade of misinformation and entrapment.
As mentioned ages ago I removed the TV licensing bully boys "right of access" to the property both verbally during their last visit aided by his self identified ring camera 😁 and via letter to receive confirmation a few days later from themselves that they won't be back but may send me a letter from time 😂 incase I decide to let them rob me)

The best movie I've seen recently the new mad max furiouso but not because of the mediocre film but because it was Cineworld in 4DX.

It's a theme park ride aswell as a movie.
Compressed air ir in the side of the head to mimick bullets, fans spool up to give wind effect, side to side and practically vertical take off to feel every bump, hit, and other movements even water thrown from the head rests for the scenes that use it.

The amount of movement shocked me, expecting the arcade video game type of ever slight movement.
The seats literally throw you around with shocking accuracy over what's been shown onscreen.

I wasn't fussed on trying it but will go again and the tickets weren't much more (4.70) more than a regular vnnnormal viewing.

Yesterday I saw the new Mad Max movie Furiosa 4K on the IPTV, very good quality as good as Netflix and the movie was surprisingly good. I'm with IFEX, they're very good in terms of customer support and channel updates and they cater for a wide range of devices.
I prefer MAG box rather than those Amazon stick thingy and Android.

1719306669163.png
1719307271483.png

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Yesterday I saw the new Mad Max movie Furiosa 4K on the IPTV, very good quality as good as Netflix and the movie was surprisingly good. I'm with IFEX, they're very good in terms of customer support and channel updates and they cater for a wide range of devices.
I prefer MAG box rather than those Amazon stick thingy and Android.

View attachment 6946
View attachment 6947

I host my IPTV on my Sony bravias adapted for TV version of android (Google TV).
It updates automatically when off.
I did have to weed out and disable a few bits of bloat to stop the odd crash.

It's the best user friendly smart hub I've used.
The Sony is what I stuck with after the thread I started on the dead pixel debate/problems with new TVs going through 5 sets from Panasonic, sharp, lg, hisense and Samsung and 2 that richer sounds let me home demo they all had them as photoed within that thread.

My OCD started off a obsession for looking for (and finding) them on my friends who swore they had the perfect panel to my family and even in hotels etc always finding atleast one.
It started to impinge on my life as OCD daily does to the point I was using a magnifying glass to search over each set of pixels wherever there was a TV 😲 (yeah I really did that)
I discussed everything I wanted to discuss within that thread🤯 and decided to leave it firmly alone after finding the Sony has only one right at the bottom out of sight.

Two positive things I can take from it though is the understanding that it's inevitable to have dead pixels on nearly every set which deemed it more acceptable to me.

(If you can't find them then don't keep looking because experience taught me they indeed are probably there but for the love of g od dont bother, stay away from the white screen and leave well alone 👍
Irrespective of diagnosed b ad OCD it ruins TV and once spotted your eye is forever dragged to them)

It's very expensive to go the perfect (professional panel) route usually set aside for medical use etc suffice to say despite knowing most people aren't afflicted/daft enough to bother-
The other thing that became apparent with what became a substantial unknown amount of TVs is that Sony make the best panels with the least amount of dead/stuck pixels and to me the best sets in general.

I also have the same subscription IPTV on a fire stick in another room and on both my and partners phones.
It's handy to have functionality across all number android devices with one password not unlike Netflix used to be.

I'm also watched Atlas last night and was thoroughly entertained as I am with the older Dark matter sci fi series 2015 -17 which I'm into the second season of.

Landmine goes click' is another obscure under rated film free to watch on freevee I was impressed with recently but I absolutely loathed the new planet of the apes, even walking out about halfway through what felt days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts