Alphason stand and Ebay

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just got an Alphason "Soundstyle" 5 tier glass rack on Ebay for £25.
Is it actually any good or have i bought a "lemon"
Also, has anyone got a massive bargain on Ebay for Hifi kit?
I'm trying to put together some new separates for "recession" amounts through Ebay and just wondered if there are deals to be had.

Any advice would help,
Thanks

matthewpiano

Alphason stands are generally tough and well made. I use an Alphason hifi rack and its brilliant.

On the subject of bargain hi-fi, there are some excellent items to be had on Ebay as long as you are careful about which sellers you buy from. I've been doing something similar to you. I picked up some Quad 11L speakers for £150 which are incredibly good and in excellent, barely used condition. I've also picked up some great electronics and will be spending the next couple of weeks choosing which to keep as my main system feeding the Quads.

There are some brilliant bits of kit out there that can still give current stuff a difficult fight - Pioneer A400, Marantz PM6010SE KI Signature, earlier Cyrus amps, Marantz CD63/SE/KI-Signature, the Pioneer Stable Platter CD players (PD-S703 springs to mind), Rotel's 90s CD players (RCD-965BX in particular).

Its good, relatively cheap fun building a system in this way andd the results can be quite astounding. The CD players are a bigger risk than the amplifier because of the moving parts, but some of them still sound special all this time later, and the stakes aren't that high in terms of initial outlay.

Good luck and have fun building your system. More news on mine when I've spent some more time listening!!

A

Anonymous

Thanks, i'll look out for those pieces of kit.
Ant other advice is very welcome

matthewpiano

Should also have mentioned NAD amps (C320BEE, C325BEE), and Arcam Alpha 8 and 9 amps (the Alpha 10 is a bit too expensive to come under the 'bargain' banner but its incredible value at its current 2nd hand prices). The Arcam Alpha CD players tend to be a bit flaky and are probably worth giving a wide berth, though they do sound fantastic...

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
i have to agree about e bay, you can get your fingers burnt but there are some amazing deals about...

just picked up a near mint pair of wharfedale evo 30,s for £160, the project expression 1 i bought last year for £130 came with...original ortofon cartridge, a goldring 1006, a knosti record cleaning kit, michell silver cartridge tags, and a shure stylus balance.

resold the ortofon,goldring, michell and got back nearly £50.00.

paid for the near mint ortofon tango m/c from e bay £40 delivered...

A

Anonymous

i got lucky with ebay.
soundstle XS250 cd rack-£16
soundstyle XS310 AV rack-£44

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts