AFTER LISTENING TO ANTHEM 225 AMP!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
omnibeard said:
ifor said:
I've caught up on all the entertainment I missed by subjecting myself to 3.5 hours on the M1. That'll teach me to leave home.

Is that the Musical Fidelity M1? It's a great DAC, it comfortably beats DACS costing 3 times as much.

This will take us a little bit off topic (whatever the topic was; anyone know?), but I currently have a MF M-1 DAC on loan for the second time. I have previously compared, in ascending price order, the Arcam rDAC, MF M-1 DAC and Rega DAC with an iTunes stream through Airport Express. IMO, and my setup, the Arcam rDAC was the clear winner with the MF M-1 DAC in second place, so I bought the Arcam. Recently I swapped the AEx for an Apple TV3 and it all went paper shaped. The ATV3 upsamples to 48KHz, which the AEx doesn't, and the result was that the Arcam rDAC can't handle it. Interestingly the rDAC user manual says it handles 48KHz via optical, but the rDAC service manual says it doesn't. The MF M-1 DAC is managing very well. I suspect I will be switching.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
:doh:
mykspence said:
shooter said:
Native_bon said:
I can get this amp for £1255.00. Its just unbelieveable.

Is this a good price? The 225 is getting on a bit with styling to die for :roll:

A quick goggle suggests that it's a fraction on the high side...

I don't think it is on the high side. Native_bon's local dealer has surely earned at least £5 for facilitating an audition that allowed for so many comparisons. The rest of us can order on the interweb, guilt free, and save the fiver because Native_bon and his dealer have done the donkey work for us.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts