AFTER LISTENING TO ANTHEM 225 AMP!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
OK Native_bon, you've convinced me. I'm thinking of having a listen to it, but so as to not waste my time perhaps you would tell me which £3K and £4K amps you have already compared it to. It would be silly for me to listen to those that have already been defeated by it in your head to head comparisons, so I'll go and compare it to some others.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Well ifor, I dn't like giving names on here. All I will say, i compared it to Hifi about 3x its price piont. So made me think if it's worth paying the extra 2grand for the major names, like MF, naim, Krell..e.tc.. I think thats how good it is. But I also mentioned it's a matter of taste & music style.

As for me I will compare it to hifi 3x it's price :rockout:

kungula

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
so I believe that is your amp and you should go for it. The Cremona´s which are very good speakers should make it sound perfect in your home.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
What an odd thread. I don't get why specific more expensive components can't be named? It's just an individual opinion. And without that info the recommendation is a bit meaningless for anyone who hasn't heard the anthem, like myself.

BenLaw said:
What an odd thread. I don't get why specific more expensive components can't be named? It's just an individual opinion. And without that info the recommendation is a bit meaningless for anyone who hasn't heard the anthem, like myself.

'Tis a very odd thread indeed.

He cannot name names but keeps carping on about an American amplifier that, as far as I can see, nobody in the UK appears to stock.

Wonder where he can get it for £1225??

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Alears said:

He cannot name names but keeps carping on about an American amplifier that, as far as I can see, nobody in the UK appears to stock.

The oddest I've read, which is why I couldn't resist joining in!
smiley-smile.gif

Is it American? Anthem AVS < www.anthemavs.co.uk > seems to based in Sussex. Lots of dealers to be found here < http://www.anthemavs.co.uk/dealers >. Hi Fi Choice gave it a 4 out of 5. "Muddled design".

jimmylee73

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
What seems a little odd to me Native_bon is that you say you're not prepared to throw around manufacturers names but in the same breath offer up the brand name of the amp you're impressed by!?!?!?

jimmylee73

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
What seems a little odd to me Native_bon is that you say you're not prepared to throw around manufacturers names but in the same breath offer up the brand name of the amp you're impressed by!?!?!?

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Well was not sure if that was against the rules. Just being careful here. At least i know nxt time. But still there must be someone on this forum who has had a listen.. |(

Well it's a little odd that, approaching your fourth anniversary of being signed up to the forum, you didn't know you could name components you don't like (why wouldn't you be able to?), but now you know, can you tell us? Even if it's a limited number, I'm sure people will be interested. It's just your personal thoughts and experience after all :)

ifor said:
Alears said:

The oddest I've read, which is why I couldn't resist joining in!
smiley-smile.gif

Is it American? Anthem AVS < www.anthemavs.co.uk > seems to based in Sussex. Lots of dealers to be found here < http://www.anthemavs.co.uk/dealers >. Hi Fi Choice gave it a 4 out of 5. "Muddled design".

No they are Yank, they tend to do mainly hi-end AV equipment, although are currently doing a cheaper range (amp, av receiver etc).

BenLaw said:
Native_bon said:
Well was not sure if that was against the rules. Just being careful here. At least i know nxt time. But still there must be someone on this forum who has had a listen.. |(

Well it's a little odd that, approaching your fourth anniversary of being signed up to the forum, you didn't know you could name components you don't like (why wouldn't you be able to?), but now you know, can you tell us? Even if it's a limited number, I'm sure people will be interested. It's just your personal thoughts and experience after all :)

They purchased a bicycle. :) (reference to Canada, not the above response)

A

Anonymous

I happen to own this amp, I love it it beat many separates i was looking at the time. Right as of today ill be pairing this amp with Kef Q700, cant wait to hear this combo. Before I was using Paradigm Monitor 7 MKII Se then before that Monitor Audio RS1's. I highly recommend this amp.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
BenLaw said:
Native_bon said:

They purchased a bicycle. :) (reference to Canada, not the above response)

Nope, not a clue.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Xlongbluesquid said:
I happen to own this amp, I love it it beat many separates i was looking at the time. Right as of today ill be pairing this amp with Kef Q700, cant wait to hear this combo. Before I was using Paradigm Monitor 7 MKII Se then before that Monitor Audio RS1's. I highly recommend this amp.

Which amps did it beat in your auditioning?

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
"Anthem is a Canadian A/V electronics manufacturer that is the sister brand of Paradigm loudspeakers; the firm is probably best known for its award-winning, home theater-oriented, multichannel audio components (such as the superb Statement D2 controller and Statement P5 multichannel amplifier Playback uses as its references)."

Lots of transatlantic reviews on the web.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts