AFTER LISTENING TO ANTHEM 225 AMP!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
PHEW!! NOT WE ARE COOKING!! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THE ANTHEM 225 AMP, CAUSE IT SOUNDS MORE REAL TO ME THAN MOST OF THE POPULAR NAMES: NAIM, CREEK, MF. KRELL, CHORD. SHOULD I GO ON..? :rockout: LET'S BRING THIS HOUSE DOWN.

AGAIN IT'S A MATTER OF TASTE & STLYE OF MUSIC. :boohoo:

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Native_bon said:
PHEW!! NOT WE ARE COOKING!! I LIKE THE SOUND OF THE ANTHEM 225 AMP, CAUSE IT SOUNDS MORE REAL TO ME THAN MOST OF THE POPULAR NAMES: NAIM, CREEK, MF. KRELL, CHORD. SHOULD I GO ON..? :rockout: LET'S BRING THIS HOUSE DOWN.

Wow. Just wow.

Nice screen you got there though Native_bon - 27 solid inches of PARTYING LIKE IT'S 1999!

Woooooo!

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Perhaps a prerequisite is to sign the 'Official Secrets Act', otherwise the amp self-detonates within two days of purchase.

There is only one rule with the Anthem 225 - there is no Anthem 225.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Native_bon said:

Which Chord did you compare to? I don't actually know any for £4k! And I also didn't think Creek amps cost as much as £4k?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Xlongbluesquid said:
I happen to own this amp, I love it it beat many separates i was looking at the time. Right as of today ill be pairing this amp with Kef Q700, cant wait to hear this combo. Before I was using Paradigm Monitor 7 MKII Se then before that Monitor Audio RS1's. I highly recommend this amp.

Your writing style seems familiar, Sir! Have you been here before, in another guise perhaps?

;)

A

Anonymous

I listened to Nad C375bee was aiming for C356bee, Naim 5i, Parasound P3/A23, Rotel pre/power, Nad c165bee/ Nad c275bee. I also considered Cambridge 840A.

A

Anonymous

Overdose said:
Xlongbluesquid said:
I happen to own this amp, I love it it beat many separates i was looking at the time. Right as of today ill be pairing this amp with Kef Q700, cant wait to hear this combo. Before I was using Paradigm Monitor 7 MKII Se then before that Monitor Audio RS1's. I highly recommend this amp.

Your writing style seems familiar, Sir! Have you been here before, in another guise perhaps?

;)

Not that i know of.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not trying to put words in the OP's mouth, but can understand a reluctance to state what is better than what, as it's so subjective and can cause a row.

I think N_b has owned an Arcam AVR600 for a while and changed it for his Marantz (which I think he liked better for music). I really rate this Arcam amp for 2 channel and preferred it to a MF M6i, Coda CSi and Moon i7. This doesn't mean that you can infer that anyone else will think that, or indeed the Anthem is better than all of them.

The OP has also demoed and liked the M6 500i, which I suspect was better than the Anthem, but not when VFM became a consideration (could be wrong though)

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Do you all think we can keep this going long enough for the editorial staff to feel obliged to get hold of one of these, whatever it's called amps, and test it, maybe even compare it to some real high end kit?

I've caught up on all the entertainment I missed by subjecting myself to 3.5 hours on the M1. That'll teach me to leave home.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Yea i dn't like the norm. The norm is boring. Hey guy's just saw another amp even cheaper & better. :rofl: Opps. just kidding. Men cn't believe this whole thing has gone this far. It's always good find out some seccret stuff from time to time.

Take it easy guys it's not the end of the world.

Am off to write me some music. Happy exploring!!

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ifor said:
I've caught up on all the entertainment I missed by subjecting myself to 3.5 hours on the M1. That'll teach me to leave home.

Is that the Musical Fidelity M1? It's a great DAC, it comfortably beats DACS costing 3 times as much.

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
The OP has also demoed and liked the M6 500i, which I suspect was better than the Anthem, but not when VFM became a consideration (could be wrong though)

Not wanting to put words into the OP's mouth either, but surely that's exactly the sort of £4k amp he is talking about?

I don't know, he's a crazy dude.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts