Aerial Cable Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'd like to have a better SD picture on my new LG 42LH500 and I was wondering whether upgrading the aerial cable would make a difference. I recall seeing some of these cables tested on the magazine but I could not find it either on the past issues or online. Can anybody help?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
As long as the cable you already have is in good nick then I wouldn't think changing it would make much, if any, difference. If you live in an area of poor / dodgy reception then changing the aerial itself to a higher gain type would be more useful.

A

Anonymous

Actually it can make a difference - years back I did this with one from Russ Andrews and found it better than the standard cable .... try their website I guess...

A

Anonymous

I have had the QED TTV and it was much better than the freebee ones. It is 1.5m long and costs about £25. Go for it and you will not be disapointed.....

daveh75

WEBRO WF100 is all you need! It is good quality double screened 75ohm cable that is meant for use in DTT/Satellite installation's and what good installer's use........and best of all it's cheap!

You can buy it as ready made up flyleads if it's just to run from a faceplate to tv(HERE), or off the reel/by the reel if it's to completely replace the cabling from the aerial(HERE)...

Though upgrading the cable alone isn't going to help if you're in a poor reception area!!!

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
potboyslim:I have had the QED TTV and it was much better than the freebee ones. It is 1.5m long and costs about £25. Go for it and you will not be disapointed.....

Think we've got our wires (or cables) crossed. I was under the assumption the poster was considering replacing his aerial cable. i.e. the one that comes from the aerial to the TV. Which cable are you talking about at 1.5m long?

Fully concur with Daveh75, assuming the cable needs replacing.

A

Anonymous

Hey - I found my V21 aerial cable [Kimber/Russ Andrews] in the cupboard and you can have it if you like [the spirit of wamming - noted on another thread!] ..... it's not been used for some time.

Depending where you live - you could pick it up, or cover the postage cost?

If interested, let me know and I'll dig it out and let you know the length(s) I have.....

A

Anonymous

It is mainly about signal strength, although too strong a signal can give its problems as well I here.

Personally I have used double screened CT125 cable off my aerial (as my signal was good rather than excellent) with noticable improvements.
Bought a 250m drum off Farnells, only used about 25mtrs off it but it was being sold off very cheap!
Lowering the impedence over the run means higher quality information getting through to your AV system for processing, same applies to mains conditioning. (Ducks down behind the firewall!)

A

Anonymous

I am interested in your V21 aerial cable. Let me know how can I get it. I am in London

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have a 2.5m and a 6m run.

Not sure how we get in touch - but if it's allowed, my email address is:

nigelhorwood@yahoo.com

I live near Morden (bottom of Northern line if you are tubing it....)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts