Advise Please !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On a visit to my local Sony Centre I was shocked by the picture on the Tv, it was excellent so crisp a picture and the three dimentianal image, well it just blew me away . The Tv in question was the 40 W 5500. Which leads me to think why have I not got such a picture as that on my system. I have a Pioneer 50 LX Kuro, Onkyo 606, and a Panasonic BD 50 Blue Ray player with all the best HDMIs Cord Crinson 1.3s. Could it be my Blue Ray Player not good enough with gettig all the fine detail from the BD DVDs.

Your thoughts on the above please.

Thankyou all in advance.

J J

A

Anonymous

Er you've got me there - 'cos I also have the LX5090 screen and BD50 BluRay and love the images I get via the Chord Co. Silver Plus 1.3 HDMI cables ........ though I also have my screen and kit plugged through a Russ Andrews Silencer block with an Elektro Clear plugged in also, which cleaned up the mush a fair bit. Could be your main supply is 'dirtier' than that in the shop - as I personally wouldn't expect a Sony to out perform the Pioneer.

Also - wonder what amp settings you have on your 606 for the through-put signal assuming you have your BD through the amp to your screen ...... I tried an Onkyo before getting my Pioneer amp and i seem to remember it had various settings for HDMI input/throughput - so perhaps check them out in case you are reducing the resolution or something

Just a thought.....

A

Anonymous

I remember having the same thoughts when I was in Richer Sounds a fair while back and viewing a Samsung screen. As I also have a plasma could it be the LCD screens offer more a of 3 dimensional image, just that bit more striking?

A

Anonymous

Is it possible that richer sounds have just spent a rediculous amout of time setting the tv up and from a vast amount of experience done a better job?

Im not saying you have not taken care with yours but i know that i set my Samsung LED TV up perfectly.... then saw the same tv in a shop and realised my idea of perfect needed some work. Id advise watching the what hi-fi video on setting up or use a THX disk. I did and it made a world of difference. Not only that but i was sitting a full foot too close to mine.

If however you have done all this then i apologise and all i can say is that maybe its because its another TV and the gress is greener on the wrong side of our wallets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts