Advice on using UK components in Aus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ,

Have just come back out of home cinema retirment after starting a family and on verge of committing to denon avr2310 matched with theB&W mt25s (haven't got to demo this set-up yet just going on what seems good advice & reviews). I have also been looking at the avr 1910 and Yam 1065 with either/or the KEF 3005se / Q Acoustic 200os as alternative combos but keep coming back to my original choice.

I would really apreciate it if you good folk could advise:

Any potential flaws with this set-up i.e. is this a balanced combo in your opinion.

If I ordered this from the Uk ( as I live in Sydney) , would there be any issues setting this up. Ie negative impact on plug change (would this affect power source and degrade sound etc) , av receiver (radio tuning) issues etc? I have to consider this as the cost of any systems like this one locally are extremely high compared in aust to the UK, even taking into acct postage. If I have to source locally then obv I will.

Really appreciate any feedback any of you could offer..

Cheers

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I cannot give you advice on how they sound as haven't heard them, however;

Importantly, to use UK equipment abroad there are a couple of things:

The mains voltage locally needs to be in the region of 230v at 50 Hz

For AM broadcasts, the tuner has the frequencies set at 9kHz steps if I remember correctly (some receivers allow this to be changed to 10kHz)

FM is between 87.5 and 108 MHz.

Most good AV receivers come with removable power cords so you should be able to install one with a local plug, if not, cutting off and replacing a plug...in my opinion will make no difference whatsoever. (I did this on a CDP and amp when I moved to Spain)

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts