Advice on upgrade path for analog setup

teekoh

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, first time posting in these forums. I'm hoping to get some advice on what is the best path to achieving better detail and imaging from my current budget setup. I mostly listen to vinyl and have it set as a near field set up by my desk. I find the sound to be fatiguing after a while would love some advice on that as well.

My current set up is:

Micro Seiki DD-1 turntable w/ Nagaoka MP 110 cartridge

Graham Slee Communicator Gram Amp 2 Phono

Dared MP5 (Chinese tube amp/DAC)

NHT 2.3 floor speakers

I'm also just using some old interconnects I found lying around the house and some free speaker cables i got at the record store.

Which compnonet would you recmmend I should upgrade first? There is a local Craigslist ad selling a Rega RP1 with a glass platter from the RP3 and an Ortofon 2M red for $400. Would this be a noticible upgrade to my current setup?

Another Craigslist ad I saw has the Quad 12L2 for $650

I also saw a pair of Totem Arro speakers at a used shop but was quite pricey at around $900 not sure if that is worth it.

Another option would be saving a couple months for a pair of KEF LS50

Would love to hear your thoughts and which component to upgrade first and your reccomendations. Thanks!

teekoh

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi lindsay would the tonearm accept a MC cartridge? The problem with that I suppose is I would need to buy a pre-amp as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts