A small room and a big system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have the cyrus cd6se and 8vs2 combo. Ideally I'd love to get the epos m12i to complete the set. I'm worried that my listening room will be too small to let them breathe! The room is 13' by 9'6" one of the corners cuts across on the back wall. I was going to position speakers in front of flat 9'6" wall. Would it be more frugal to buy something like wd diamond 9.1 or will the epos' be ok? Or any other suggestions please?

Thanks

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Just wondering why you want to put a pair of £160 WD's or the M12is on the end of a £1500 set up???

My suggestion ATC SCM11

Otherwise the M12i's

A

Anonymous

Sorry AKL, I was commenting on an earlier post which was talking about the poor quality of household wiring and how that might affect sound quality... Suffice to say my toaster now works flawlessly, but I am still unable to hear my setup due to lack of speakers!

Thanks shooter69 - (i picked up the cd6se for £550 SH and the 8vs2 for £480 new - so as of yet have not spent a fortune!) I did consider the SCM 11's, but as I stated with the M12i's I am concerned that my listening room may be too small to get the full benefit of such speakers and am worried by spending moderately vast wads of cash...

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I think the size of your room is fine for a nice set up!! I still have the Epos M12.2 from my budget system and they worked fine from about 20cm from the wall i believe the M12i's are the same so should be fine.. If your worried about splashing the cash then try and get a demo from a local dealer or by second and if your not happy sell on with no loss:)

SteveR750

AKL:Clearer Audio to rewire your house?

emotion-2.gif

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
unleaded or diesel though?

Sorry to go back to the original poster any stand mounts will be fine in a room of that size and you may even get away with some small floorstanders as long as not to big - but think the standmounts would b better choice but would try and spend a little more

A

Anonymous

I'm running Epos 12.2's, these were coming from a PSX-R'd 8vs and sounded great. My room is pretty small and one of the speakers only had 20cm behind it, I've had no problems. You'll get some good deals on 12.2's 2nd hand and they are ace speakers.

I've recently gone to a Bel Canto amp and these speakers with that amp destroyed a Cyrus 8xpd with £1500 speakers. So the Epos are decent.

A

Anonymous

There's no benefits to be had from buying speakers worth considerably less than your other components. Think the Spendors and Harbeths that have been mentioned as a minimum.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the advice everyone, think i'll go with the epos m12i (Anyone got any going 2nd hand?????)

On the subject of power generation, i felt cold fusion may be a better source for clean electricity generation rather than diesel or petrol. I've decided to convert my toilet into a cold fusion reactor. Just wondered whether anyone has considered this and whether i need planning permission... Also due to the many tonnes of water i'll require for coolant, I am a little concerned over the imminent hose pipe ban by waterboard (considering we have had two dry days this year), Any ideas how to get around this?

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
I have some M12.2's (cherry) run in that could be up for sale, i wasnt going to sell as they are a great speaker but might let them go to a good home!!! Your quite welcome to have a demo if your interested i also have the Partington Super Dreds for them.

Regards.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the offer shooter69, What would you be looking for including stands?

A

Anonymous

Agreed, but its a well known fact that so called "green" energy is just a bit... well... feeble.. Alright for powering the front door bell or recharging your "night-garden" torch.. But if you need the sort of electricity that is going to enable you to do a job requiring industrial sized power tools at the same time as powering your octophonic sound sytem at nose bleed levels, then nuclear power is the only answer!

Plus since installation, I have grown another arm making installation of shelves a doddle!

Long live nucular power (to quote Homer JS)

TRENDING THREADS