Small Subwoofer for Enhanced Bass Experience in Small Room ?

Crit1Q

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to add a subwoofer to my room, which is about 2x2 meters in size. I currently have a pair of KEF LSXII speakers, but I feel that the bass they produce isn't enough for my liking. Therefore, I'm looking for a subwoofer that will complement them well and deliver a more enhanced bass experience.
I want something small that won't take up too much space, but that will still deliver a great bass experience.
Ideally, the subwoofer should be around 30x30 cm in size.
I'm open to any brand or model that would work well with my KEF LSXII speakers and that fits my requirements.
Do you have any recommendations for a small subwoofer that would work well in my room? Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Crit1Q

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your question! To be honest, my budget for the subwoofer really depends on the size and features of the subwoofer. Since I'm looking for something small that will fit in 30x30 cm,
I'm hoping to find a subwoofer that fits within my size requirements and doesn't break the bank.

As an example, I recently came across a KEF Kube 1 subwoofer for $250 second hand, which seems like a good option for my needs.
But if there are other options that are a bit more expensive but offer better sound quality or additional features, I would consider those as well. So, my budget is flexible depending on the specific options available.
I hope that helps clarify things!

Crit1Q

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and for letting me know about the KEF Kube subwoofers. I appreciate your insight and expertise.
I understand that the newer Kube subwoofers are likely superior in terms of sound quality and features, and I'll definitely keep that in mind as I continue my search.
However, for now, I'm considering the KEF Cube 1 subwoofer that I found second hand for $250, as it seems like a good option for my needs.
By the way, you mentioned that I should forget about the KEF Cube 1 and Kube 2 subwoofers. Did you have a bad experience with these models in the past, or is there another reason why you don't recommend them?
I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Are they known for having bad sound quality?
Thanks again for your input and recommendations.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Well if I were you, I’d start your journey looking at svs maybe velodyne microvee ( velodyne only second hand). A little more expensive but as the saying goes buy once buy right. Plenty can be had second hand and or found on offer. I’d stay away from speaker manufacturers subwoofers like the kube, they tend to be a little unreliable. That’s my experience. Buy from brand that specifically make subwoofers first like rel, svs and so

Unfortunately subwoofers, good ones the smaller they are the more expensive they get.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and for letting me know about the KEF Kube subwoofers. I appreciate your insight and expertise.
I understand that the newer Kube subwoofers are likely superior in terms of sound quality and features, and I'll definitely keep that in mind as I continue my search.
However, for now, I'm considering the KEF Cube 1 subwoofer that I found second hand for $250, as it seems like a good option for my needs.
By the way, you mentioned that I should forget about the KEF Cube 1 and Kube 2 subwoofers. Did you have a bad experience with these models in the past, or is there another reason why you don't recommend them?
I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Are they known for having bad sound quality?
Thanks again for your input and recommendations.

The new ones are far, far superior in terms of sound quality, to the point where I would consider them at retail price vs the old versions at a discount.

MrTeroo

BANNED
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
The Kef Kube 2 is an excellent subwoofer.
I bought mine over 15 years ago and it still performs admirably.

For your scenario, in such a small room it will bemore than good enough.

Try Facebook local, you may find one for a better price.

AndrewF

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
I have an SVS micro 3000. It is fantastic. I use it only as part of a 2 channel audio system- no movies. I wanted it only to fill in the bass, offload those frequencies from my stand mount speakers, and it is perfect. Very musical. It comes with a great app that allows you to set it up from a chair- no crawling around. I have it set up a few decibels softer than suggested- I can’t hear it until I turn it off. Highly recommended.

Reactions: nopiano
I have an SVS micro 3000. It is fantastic. I use it only as part of a 2 channel audio system- no movies. I wanted it only to fill in the bass, offload those frequencies from my stand mount speakers, and it is perfect. Very musical. It comes with a great app that allows you to set it up from a chair- no crawling around. I have it set up a few decibels softer than suggested- I can’t hear it until I turn it off. Highly recommended.
Size is right, might be able to find one second-hand somewhere losdi as limited availability in some countries, might be a tad outside his budget guess.
I guess a lot is going to depend on what he can access locally.

Reactions: AndrewF

SeattleChris

Apr 15, 2021
Visit site
A cheaper option from the SVS micro 3000 is the SVS SB-1000 Pro ($600 US). A 13" cube that shouldn't overwhelm a small room. I love the SVS app, which allows you to equalize & tweak settings and is fun to play with! Note the newer "Pro" model is the first one with the App.

Last edited:
Reactions: njprrogers

Shildondurham

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I’m thinking of a sub for my LSXII also. My budget would be low 2-300 pounds. Don’t mind 2nd hand if need be.
Want a modern smallish unit for music only.
Whaddya think send a link.

AJM1981

I’m thinking of a sub for my LSXII also. My budget would be low 2-300 pounds. Don’t mind 2nd hand if need be.
Want a modern smallish unit for music only.
Whaddya think send a link.
I forgot its brand and type but I wonder about a rectangular subwoofer which can stand hidden in a corner. Maybe it is nothing at all but not shooting it down till I tried it to form an opinion

I own the B&W Asw608 by the way. Probably the best small sub that digs lower than most average subs (lower than a average sized Polk I own) and for a decent price. There is absolutely no reason to get the bigger variation unless someone here lives in a home that has rooms spanning far beyond the average surface area.

Last edited:

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I use a smallish qacoustics 3070 or something sub. Only has a 8 inch driver that fires against a plate to distribute the bass better. Best part is its wall mountable to save floor space. And its really fast and musical.

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your question! To be honest, my budget for the subwoofer really depends on the size and features of the subwoofer. Since I'm looking for something small that will fit in 30x30 cm,
I'm hoping to find a subwoofer that fits within my size requirements and doesn't break the bank.

As an example, I recently came across a KEF Kube 1 subwoofer for $250 second hand, which seems like a good option for my needs.
But if there are other options that are a bit more expensive but offer better sound quality or additional features, I would consider those as well. So, my budget is flexible depending on the specific options available.
I hope that helps clarify things!
B&W PD-1. I have one. It's very musical.
Very punchy and I've had no problems with placement or set up difficulties. Only thing is you need to be pretty strong to lift it.

Reactions: AJM1981

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts