5.1 Surround sound with Onkyo 605 using scarts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I've bought the Onkyo TXSR605, but my Sky is connected to my TV using a scart lead - the Onkyo does not have any scart connections - is there any way I can get my Sky to play through the speakers without having to buy any other cables? (FYI my TV is the Pioneer 428-XD).

Thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nope, not really. Why Sky box is it? If it's Sky+ then there are digital optical and analogue stereo feeds you can hook up the the receiver - but you will need an extra cable.

A

Anonymous

At the moment its standard Sky box, but will likely get Sky plus in the near future. With regards to component video and optical digital audio what do you think of the Belkin Blue Series PureAV cables? Would I be able to use both of these with Sky Plus?

Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

OK thanks Andrew - one final question (actually 2!) - can I leave the scart in the TV and buy an optical-audio cable to plug into the amp to give me the surround sound then? And how can I set the system up such that I can obtain sound in both Stereo (from just the TV) and from the amp when I want to use the surround sound, i.e. depending on preference? (I'm wondering if there would be a sound clash when the amp is ON as the scart can provide sound as can the optical audio).

Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts