3D HDMI 1.4 ? or not ?

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Denon 1707 Reciever that i have happily used with my current set up, it is fairly basic and has no HDMI inputs or outputs. I have just purchased a 3D TV and have read a few threads saying that they are HDMI 1.4 . will this mean i will have to replace my reciever or because i use a an optical lead for my Sky and an optical lead for my Playstation straight into the amp mean it will be o.k. I have also purchased a 3d bluray player, could i use an optical lead into my amp for this also? sorry it sounds complicated..

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris

It's not that complicated. Yes, you can still use your optical lead connected to your Denon, but this won't give you lossless audio, unfortunately.

If your Blu Ray Player has multichannel analogue outs, and your receiver has multichannel analogue inputs, then you should connect the two this way. Your Blu Ray player will decode HD audio and this will work fine.

If not, then you will need a new "3D ready" amp that will allow pass through of HDMI v. 1.4 to get lossless audio.

A

Anonymous

chris hollands:Many thanks strapped for cash.

Not surprised after buying a 3D tv! ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts