£200.00ish budget for new DVD player.. recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Reference my other post for a Harmon/Kardon DVD player. I gather its not a popular choice. So, with a budget of £200-£250 including HDMI lead, what would you recommend. It is replacing my Toshiba SD330-E and linked to my PHILIPS 32PF9641D/10. I want improved picture and upscalling. Thanks

A

Anonymous

there's a few deals on Amazon for the Denon 1940 with the QED HDMI-P included.

A

Anonymous

I brought the Toshiba HDE1 and although it is stunning as an HD source the dvd upscale and playback feature appears to be something of an after thought. The upscaled dvd image contains quite a lot of picture noise and less detail and picture sharpness than many dvd players below £100. Couple this to startup and playback times that run into minutes each time you want to watch a film/listen to music and the Toshiba begins to look inferior . For my dvd upscaling duties I purchased the denon dvd 1940 which i got with a 5 year warranty and the purple QED lead for £220 (after some haggling) from Richer Sounds. The image on the 1940 contains a lot of detail that is left unseen on the Toshiba and I was quite amazed at the detail it managed to achieve. I can not recommend the Denon enough.

Hope this helps; Gianni

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the reply's.
Reading the latest magazine confirms your thoughts on the Denon.
HD-DVD & BlueRay can battle a bit further before i commit and take sides.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts