abacus

Hi to all you forum members

Current system

Toshiba DVD player

Panasonic DVD recorder

Digihome Freeview PVR

NAD C 515BEE CD player

Harmon Kardon AVR8500 Home Cinema Receiver

Monitor Audio S1x2, SC1, BFX x2 speaker system (No Sub)

Infocus Screenplay 4805 projector

Samsung 21” CRT TV

Have decided to move into High Def. with the Blu-Ray player choice being the Panasonic DT500 as it has 5.1 analogue channel output, as well as sounding better than the Sony Award Winner (Sound is important).

Question 1

Would I better going for a Panasonic HD Blu-Ray recorder to replace the PVR and DVD recorder, or just add a Humax Youview box. (Landlord does not allow satellite dishes and no cable available)

Question 2

I need to replace my speaker system with a 5.1 system that can be mounted on (Or right against) the wall which also sounds good with music, and was thinking of the B & W MT50, or if not what others would you suggest.

Question 3

What projector would you recommend? (3D not important, but depth and realistic colour are paramount, which the 4805 has in spades)

Am interested in your thoughts on the above, as well as any other suggestions (It will be updated one item at a time as funds allow)

Look forward to your suggestions

Bill

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
My few pence worth...

Q1 - Personally I wouldnt bother with the recorder unless you plan on keeping recorded programs for a very long time. I've had Sky+ for about 5 years now and love it so its PVR's all the way for me from now on. If you cant get cable you might want to look at BT's Vision service, especially if you have infinity in your area. I've had my Infinity connection since moving into my current house 18mths ago and if I wasnt with Sky I'd probably have Vision.

Q2 - Not much to fault with the B&W selection though you might want to consider replacing your Receiver at the same time - Your HK amp doesnt have any HDMI in/out's and can't process HD sound so you would be missing out on the improved audio from Blu-Ray.

Q3 - Can't help you there, got not experience with projectors, I either need to win the lottery or get myself a much better paying job before I delve into that world!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts