hdmi to component lead

terminalpreppie

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
My tv is a Toshiba36zp48p dolby digital pro logic and an external panasonic dvd freeview recorder. 5 star ratings by what hifi mag.
Both are connected by component and optical cables, no hdmi connection on tv.
My question is,ive just recieved a talk talk youview box with hdmi,scart, and optical connections, no component though.
So whats the best lead for me to use, is there such a lead as a hdmi to component lead and does it work, any suggestions please.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
No, there's no such thing as an HDMI to Component Lead (you can find them on eBay but they're fake), HDMI is a digital signal, Component is an analogue signal, you'd need some kind of converter. For now you'd have to use the SCART output from the TalkTalk box but it sounds like time for a new TV to be honest...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
You don't need to tell me, I had the 32" version (the mother-in-law now has it in fact), great TV but fact is it's not HD and is now YEARS out of date. It's your choice though, you're only going to run into more problems like this as time goes by.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Agree with The_Lhc here as it sounds like a good excuse for a new TV to me as HDMI is a basic requirement on TVs these days and any TV that only deals with analogue connections is well past it's best.

As has been suggested you could go the cheaper route and use the scart connection but problems like this will only keep rearing their head in the future as more and more pieces of equipment require a digital connection for optimum picture and audio quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts