Advice on a mini 5.1 receiver amp with iPod connectivity

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Friend of mine is looking to replace his existing 5.1 system that came with his Panasonic TV. What's he's looking for is something small and simple, with a tuner, 5.1 amp (he'll re-use the speakers from the existing setup) and ipod connectivity. He'll also be looking for some sort of mini BluRay player to match it, unless I can find something that does that as well.

I'm drawing a blank on finding a system that has all that's needed. All the mini amps I'm looking at are either only stereo, or don't have ipod connectivity - and they often come with speakers which aren't needed.

Doesn't need to be anything stunningly good, the existing sytem isn't great audio wise, but it's started to mis-behave so he just needs to replace it.

Appreciate any suggestions...

Graham

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like he may as well buy a new all in one cinema system & sell his exsisting speakers, or an all in one without speakers.

You haven't given a budget so as a starting point have a look at this clicky at £250

Ok it is not a mini either but you are going to struggle finding something suitable. Unless you mean a slimline A/V in which case there are a few choices like Pioneer & Marantz

Just to add, mini or portable Blu-ray players are are not generally very cheap unless you look at the Sony 185 around £80 or the Panasonic BBT01 at around £200

Regards...

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
One other thing to note. If his existing surround sound is indeed an all-in-one or home-cinema-in-a-box (which it sounds like it is), it most likely has a passive subwoofer.

Buying a 'proper' surround amp will be an issue as they don't actually have an internal amp channel to power the sub. (Technically, they should be called 5.0 or 7.0 amps). At the very least he'll need to buy an active sub to use with his existing surround speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts