A challenge for the experts: Best entry-level record player within budget?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The AT lp 120's really cost that much in the UK? thats about 356 U.S dollars. I only paid 250 U.S dollars for mine, which is 175 british pounds.

eric132 said:
The AT lp 120's really cost that much in the UK? thats about 356 U.S dollars. I only paid 250 U.S dollars for mine, which is 175 british pounds.

Yes, and that's the problem of discussing good and better on a forum that has international members. What's cheap in one country may be expensive in others and therefore the value for money ratio changes dramatically.

It is normal for the cost of something in dollars to cost the same in pounds in the UK. That's the way it is and we are suckers for letting it remain so.

This always makes it difficult to know you are recommending the right things.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There are 2 things that crosley's and jensens are good for.....throwing away or running them over with your car. Jensens run as low as 44 usd (30 british pounds) brand new and are piles of junk. crosleys run for 71 usd (49 british pounds). both inexpensive pieces of junk. they will destroy your records with as few as 5 or 6 plays. I heard they have like 10 grams of tracking force or something.

TRENDING THREADS