Z85 or X85?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I went to Shop@Panasonic today to see the 32LZD80, which I was impressed with but decided I'll wait till the 85 models come out. So I asked the guy there where I'd see the difference in resolution between the LZD85 and LXD85 and he told me it would be in viewing standard content such as DVDs.

I thought it would make most difference in watching Blu-ray and HD content, although I don't really know.

So where does the difference between 720 and 1080 come into play, and is it true that 1080 can make SD cotent look worse?

Thanks alot :)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, SD content can look worse on Full HD (1080p) screens, as it's having to be upscaled that bit more to suit the higher-resolution screen.

It's something that becomes more obvious the larger the set (because obviously any flaws become more noticeable).

Conversely, the benefits of Full HD become more apparant on the larger screens- unless you sit really close to your screen, the difference between a 32in HD Ready and a 32in Full HD (1080p) TV both running Blu-ray HD content will be minimal. There'll be a touch more detail, but that's it.

So, in short, at 32in (and some would say larger still), an HD Ready screen - as long as it supports 1080p and 24fps - remains an excellent buy, and potentially a better one if you watch predominately SD.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
as long as it supports 1080p and 24fps

[/quote]

Is that true of the LXD85?

TRENDING THREADS