Your most recent gig

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I was at the Happy Mondays last weekend in the O2 academy in Glasgow. Was good fun but you could tell they were just going through the motions if you looked a little deeper. I've got Primal Scream coming up in December in the Barrowland which I'm really looking forward to. The Scream could easily fill one of the larger and more corporate venues at a far higher ticket price. Bobby G and co just want to play the barras at Christmas, should be a cracking gig.

What form do they take nowadays? Shaun and Bez? I see Rowetta pops up every now and again at various events.

As for my last gig - Hot Chip at Rock City in Nottingham, never been there before, but a great venue and a great evening.

Reactions: Tonestar1

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Following on from one of my earlier replies, here are a few pictures from my latest gig. This was recording the Sheffield Philharmonic Orchestra at Victoria Hall in Sheffield.

Here's a snap of the mid-side mic setup I used for most of the capture:
1AAJ19K.jpg

The eagle-eyed among you will spot another couple of mics (on very tall stands) here:
mjFL1qk.jpg

There was also a spot mic for a solo violin, but it wasn't really needed - the conductor (George) kept the orchestra under control so the soloist could be heard well.

Recording HQ, sat on the carpet:
aBkkcrJ.jpg

The mixing desk writes directly to a solid-state drive, and the laptop is used for backup purposes in case the main drive fails for whatever reason. There's an Apple Airport Express which I use to make a WiFi network - I can then monitor the mixing desk from an iPad, which is handy.

Last picture:
6h0YbL5.jpg

Being in the room is about as high-fidelity as it gets, but I think I captured the sound well.

I'm waiting on the go-ahead to share some of the recordings, but I'd like to share them here if that'd be allowed. The processing has been pretty minimal - just some light compression to reduce the dynamic swings. In theory, then, it should be a good listening experience.

Chris

Reactions: insider9

insider9

Fink last weekend was sensational. What a great performance and a genuinely nice guy. Support from Sophie Hunger was a nice touch too.

Rhiannon Giddens playing in Buxton this Wednesday and if my company car gets sorted by then I should be going.

Tonestar1

What form do they take nowadays? Shaun and Bez? I see Rowetta pops up every now and again at various events.

As for my last gig - Hot Chip at Rock City in Nottingham, never been there before, but a great venue and a great evening.
Hi, Bit of a late reply as I was away on holiday, all three of them were there this time. Hot Chip are a great live band though I've not seen them for a good few years.

D

Deleted member 2457

I am getting tickets to see My Chemical Romance play at MK Dons Stadium this June!

D

Deleted member 2457

I am getting tickets to see My Chemical Romance play at MK Dons Stadium this June!
Got my tickets for My Chemical Romance I ended up buying 4 one of my dad and 2 for my nieces and me. Restaurant hospitality tickets and on the balcony great seats!

Reactions: sonic1

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Well, my most recent gig was an interesting one. Small corporate event in an aircraft hangar.

59f09e_2a2837b25fac4c3da48d27421bdcfb31~mv2.webp

Speakers are custom-built by yours truly, featuring a Faital Pro 10HX230 in a medium-sized ported box. Power was from a Powersoft T604, and there was a 12" subwoofer hidden somewhere outside of this picture.

Chris

Reactions: Tonestar1
D

Deleted member 2457

Looks like I will probably be getting a refund.
The way things look now is that it will probably be postponed so no refund! And I paid for insurance too but that apparently doesn’t cover Coronavirus - damn useless that was then.

D

Deleted member 2457

The way things look now is that it will probably be postponed so no refund! And I paid for insurance too but that apparently doesn’t cover Coronavirus - damn useless that was then.
Next year now tickets still count and no refunds so all good. (y) Can’t see me being out of isolation by then though unless there’s a vaccine and it actually does wipe out all cases.

D

Deleted member 2457

Next year now tickets still count and no refunds so all good. (y) Can’t see me being out of isolation by then though unless there’s a vaccine and it actually does wipe out all cases.
Got my refunds yesterday for the Sat night and Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

Just bought 2 new tickets for MCR next year and cancelled within 24 hours so got a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2457

Bought 1 ticket for myself on Thursday night for MCR at MK Dons stadium. This time keeping it! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts