Your most recent gig

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

Alice Cooper with support from The Cult. Have to say The Cult blew them off stage musically. However, other than Ian, The Cult members played with nails in the boots, so Alice Cooper wins the theatrics hands down. Great compliment with the two together. Polar opposites.

Reactions: spl84 and Freddy

idc

PIL at the O2 Academy, Glasgow. John Lydon had a rant about the Sex Pistols series "Pistol" directed by Danny Boyle. I could barely make out what he was saying, but he seemed unhappy! Surprisingly, considering what I have seen so far, he suggested it was toned down from reality. If you like the Sex Pistols, highly recommended.

On the 5th March my daughter and I going to see Witchdoktors at The Half Moon pub in Putney. The lead singer and guitarist lives in our village. He gave me a CD a week ago and it's pretty good.

They are cross between New Wave acts from the late 70s and Dr. Feelgood.

Really looking forward to it as it'll be a chance to let our hair down for a few hours. The last 2 years have been stressful for both of us with Mrs. Ps self-isolation

View: https://youtu.be/2Ny6Wf2gz0E

idc

First time I have sat at the computer, ready for tickets going on sale. Ticketmaster crashed and the Hydro website, which goes to Ticketmaster anyway, froze and I could not get any seat selections, but after a couple of minutes, got two tickets to stand and finally, after 25 years, will get to see New Order.

I checked again a few hours later and there are tickets available to sit, but I did not want to risk missing out again.

jjbomber

Kickin' Valentina at Hangar 18 last Thursday. Great fun band live. They don't exactly re-invent the wheel but, hey, that hasn't stopped AC/DC. Was chatting to Heber after the gig for about 10 minutes, mainly about golf! Good night out and keeping live music going.

Horowitz

May 12, 2023
Visit site
Chuck Prophet and the Mission Express at Metronome, Nottingham last Friday night. Incredibly tight band and CP is a phenomenal phront man with an amazing ability to play the crowd (who were brilliant, too)! Still got more UK dates to come: superb contemporary, bluesy rock 'n roll with a dash of punk thrown in - don't miss them. What a star...

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
My last pop? concert was 2017, Gary Numan the Savage Tour part 2 at Preston Guild Hall. Wish I'd seen him with the Scaparis Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall Manchester (have it on DVD it's brilliant) my most recent concerts The Music of John Williams at Manchester Opera House with the Manchester Concert Orchestra and Music from Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings etc again the Manchester Concert Orchestra at the Bridgewater Hall. Taking my daughter and 4 of her friends to Anfield next year for Taylor Swift. Still can't believe they actually got tickets.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts