Yamaha RX-V377 + speakers

mviper

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello
May I ask for some help with HC systems right here? My home cinema room is pretty small. 4x4 meters (13x13 feet). For more than 10 years I have been using Harman Kardon AVR130 + Infinity Primus HCS 5.1. My receiver died couple of months ago, so I've bought replacement in Yamaha V377. Thinking behind Yamaha was - room is small, I don't need very powerful receiver and.. it's supposed to be very good in this price range. It even got some awards. But right now I'm redecorating my room, Yamaha is still in the original box, I'm on TV speakers right now. And yes, since I'm redecorating room, Infinities due to size doesn't fit anymore and to acommodate them the whole room would look weird to say at least. A friend recommended me one of these speakers:Kef E305, Monitor audio Mass or Radius, Focal Dome or Bird. I like domes, it would be very easy to fit to my room, but I'm afraid of underpowered receiver? Or should I just keep Infinities and acommodate them? Thank you so much

D

Deleted member 116933

first question is what's your budget? as what you have mentioned are alll over the place price wise.

Radius are a lot better than the mass should be at 1500 or so comparded to £500, Kef need some real driving and need to be played hard all the time to hear them at there best.

these are good and so are most the q aucoustic range

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/speakers/home-cinema-packs/q-acoustics-2020i-5-1-speaker-package.html

IMO i think the radius range might be a bit rich for the amp exposing to many flaws I would get the mass system i think.

To make your mind up you really need to go a listen them.

mviper

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I know, I know. I was just wondering which set will Yamaha be able to drive best.

Budget. Let's say around 1000 eur.

Listening.. huh, hard to do. Obviously I'll have to buy them blindy more or less, due to lack of offerings around me or combinations with same receiver. Let me just say, I do not prefer much bass or too much treble. I love balanced speakers if that's helpful anyway, because 80% of the times I'll be watching movies and 20% music..

D

Deleted member 116933

Well the kef and the mass should be well on budget the kef are supposed to intergrate really well. Crossover at 120 though so the sub definitely needs to be upfront. Same for the MA mass

But Monitor Audio are supposed to gel really well with yam's so i think i would probably go for the MA mass out of that bunch plus the sub will be better and is pretty big giving plenty of exstension when needed. (you can adjust the amout of bass you want as needed to suit your tastes. But budget in the stands if not wall mounting! and sthe same goes for the KEF's (stands i mean).

MA mass has been around a while and good deal's can be had! but there both good speaker setups and i dont think you would go wrong with either!

mviper

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks man!

So I can't wallmount neither of these speakers?

What about dome's? The thing is, I have big closet behind me (curse of a small house) and I would ideally put them on a shelf or mount them directly on a closet and since dome's can be twisted around I could easily mount them on closet. What do you think?

Second option would be floor stands with Mass or Kef.

EDIT:

I live in Slovenia.. and prices are (you almost can't get used decent 5.1 systems):

Mass: 960 eur

Kef: 800 eur

Bose AM6 III - 900 eur

Focal Dome: 1000 eur

Focal Bird: 690 eur

lee

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
a pair of wharfedale diamond 220 speakers for £180 are supposed to be great for the price and are good in small room only have to be 5cm away from wall and u can then pick out a pair of surround and center or go with qacoustics 2020i package around £500

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts