Yamaha As 500 + Focal 726 V --new amp?

himaniac

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yamaha amp + Focal 726V –need another amp?

System:

Amplifier: Yamaha AS 500

Speakers: Focal 726 V Chorus (model 2012)

CD Player: Marantz CD 6004

Interconnect: OEHLBACH NF SET ICE BLUE

Speaker cables: AudioQuest FLX/SLiP 14/4 (4m for each speaker)

Hello everybody!

Although I like the sound of my system, after two hours I experience ear fatigue ( the sound gets tiring) and I don’t listen to music at high volumes (8 to 9 o’ clock). My music taste is trance (60%), classical music (5%) and 35 % symphonic power metal (mainly with female vocals). In what hifi they say that the amplifier “is slightly bright, but in any sensibly chosen system this only contributes to the sense of sparkle”. As far my speakers I find them bright too (see other sites). I should be glad because they say in forums to get a bright combo (of amplifier and speakers) for electronic and trance music BUT this is not for the long run because it is getting tiring (in the high frequencies).

What do you suggest me to get a balanced and relaxed sound for my ears?

Changing cables or to get a warm amplifier? I am not willing to change the speakers because they cost more than my amplifier and my cd player. They say that Marantz amplifiers especially the pm 8005 (1000 pounds) and the marantz pm-ki pearl lite (900 pounds) are very good for the ears with a relaxed sound). Unfortunately I can’t find a dealer with marantz amplifier and focal speakers in my country.

Any other suggestions will be very helpful!

Thank you very much !!!!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I think something like this would work much better for you: http://www.audiodestination.co.uk/used-products/electrocompaniet-prelude-pi-1-integrated-amplifier

You could also look at Audio Analogue.

Very good suggestion CNO *smile*

My suggestion would be this Abrahamsen V2.0 integrated amp designed by one of the founders of Electrocompaniet . They are going for a very good price at the moment in a sale brand new at just over £500.

http://www.store.abrahamsenaudio.no/

Or you could go for the V1.0 Cd player and the V2.0 integrated combo for £900 *shok* .

It is a small gamble as they are online order only from the UK , but I am sure if you contact the company they will let you return them if in the very unlikely event you are not totally amazed at the sound quality they provide *smile*

Abrahamsenv10Cdandv20amp_zps48cebaf5.jpg

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Start with the cheapest/easiest solution first. For example, try alterning the Yamaha's controls to see if that helps. You could always try to re-position the Focals, slightly closer to the wall and angle differently (you may not notice the sibilance as much with a little more bass). Another option is to swap in some different speakers just to see if you have the same problem with the sound. I realise your not keen on changing the speakers but what about some cheaper standmounts with softdome tweeters?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts